Need Help Finding Hardware

Hello, recently I have been looking into hosting my own server because some unfortunate events have happened causing me to have to just host myself. I came here to ask for help finding the right parts. I have very little server building experience but I want to do this. The machine will be running Debian or Ubuntu server. The system needs preferably 32gb of ram (ddr3 or ecc) and needs a half decent cpu. Most of the things I’ll be doing will be hosting Minecraft servers. I have a gig networking card already and 500gb wd black hdd. I currently have a 2x4 gig kit of ddr3 so I should be able to use that. My budget is $100, it’s not strict or anything but that’s the number I keep in my mind while searching. Also the only psu I have is a 450w. Thanks for the help in advance.

Not sure about $100 but a used server off ebay is the simplest option. Other than that you can look at either LGA1366 or LGA2011 (too expensive from memory) generation of used Xeons and X58/5500/5520 chipset motherboards, LGA2011 is X79/C602. The Xeons (LGA1366) range from as little as $6 USD each to about $80 USD.

21 hours ago, leadeater said:

Not sure about $100 but a used server off ebay is the simplest option. Other than that you can look at either LGA1366 or LGA2011 (too expensive from memory) generation of used Xeons and X58/5500/5520 chipset motherboards, LGA2011 is X79/C602. The Xeons (LGA1366) range from as little as $6 USD each to about $80 USD.

On a realistic level, my budget is more like $200. I also guess I need to read up on Xeons b/c I have no idea how the preformance is scalled. (Looking to run Minecraft Servers, possibly with custom generation and web map, if you know how that runs on server and effects preformance)

1 hour ago, EnderGaming said:

On a realistic level, my budget is more like $200. I also guess I need to read up on Xeons b/c I have no idea how the preformance is scalled. (Looking to run Minecraft Servers, possibly with custom generation and web map, if you know how that runs on server and effects preformance)

Xeons aren't really any different from the desktop CPU, the performance scales similarly with the frequencies and Xeons generally have lower clocks. You mainly gain more cores at the reduction of clocks so if you aren't planning on running many VMs or multiple instances of game servers counterpart desktop CPUs may be a better choice, used Xeons are just way way cheaper than used desktop CPUs.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Xeons aren't really any different from the desktop CPU, the performance scales similarly with the frequencies and Xeons generally have lower clocks. You mainly gain more cores at the reduction of clocks so if you aren't planning on running many VMs or multiple instances of game servers counterpart desktop CPUs may be a better choice, used Xeons are just way way cheaper than used desktop CPUs.

Yeah like a 6core FX would be good enough for me probably. Buy yeah, I'm probably only going to be running 1 - 3 servers at a time on it.