Suggestions for a quite system. Hopefully small too.

Caspi

Hello readers. Short and simple, I want a computer that can be quiet, powerful, and small. I saw the review of the Corsair One and it is my primary choice. Quiet, is my big pet peeve because the computer will have to run for days at a time sometimes and it will be a few feet away from me while I sleep. Powerful in order to handle all the compiling, gaming, and editing in that order. Small so if I have to travel I can take it with me. I honestly think its perfect. I've been doing research on many different quite systems, but they all seem to build there own. Does anyone have any suggestions they could offer? I would very much like to hear if I missed something. 

26 minutes ago, Caspi said:

Hello readers. Short and simple, I want a computer that can be quite, powerful, and small. I saw the review of the Corsair One and it is my primary choice. Quite, is my big pet peeve because the computer will have to run for days at a time sometimes and it will be a few feet away from me while I sleep. Powerful in order to handle all the compiling, gaming, and editing in that order. Small so if I have to travel I can take it with me. I honestly think its perfect. I've been doing research on many different quite systems, but they all seem to build there own. Does anyone have any suggestions they could offer? I would very much like to hear if I missed something. 

Corsair One is one of the smallest prebuilt, and quiet too. Other than that, I would point straight to planning and building a pc urself.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

Thanks. I am hoping to get some additional feedback also. I have built computers before, but the small form factor and water cooling are the reason I am not this time. I am confident I can do each individually, but I wouldn't want to cram all that into such a small space. I have seen the videos on LTT where they do. Those can't last. I also found some spelling mistakes from your quote. 

Could use Lian-Li TU150 or the NZXT H200s, they arent really small by my standard. But, it can fit some beefy air coolers.

48 minutes ago, Caspi said:

small form factor and water cooling

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

Do you have a budget and country?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

4 hours ago, brob said:

Do you have a budget and country?

No budget. I'm currently planning to spend 3500$ on the Corsair one and then 800 on an Ultra Wide. I'm in the US right now, but I will be stationed in Korea for 2 years.

4 hours ago, Pikatchu said:

Could use Lian-Li TU150 or the NZXT H200s, they arent really small by my standard. But, it can fit some beefy air coolers.

I'll look into those. 

7 hours ago, Caspi said:

I have seen the videos on LTT where they do. Those can't last. 

What do you mean by that? Also Jayz2cents did one using the Phanteks EVOLV SHIFT which was small and worked out great. He also did one in another small form factor, cant recall the name but it was a modular case where you can add layers to it depending on the space you need, he used it as a portable editing rig for CES last year I believe

10 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

What do you mean by that? Also Jayz2cents did one using the Phanteks EVOLV SHIFT which was small and worked out great. He also did one in another small form factor, cant recall the name but it was a modular case where you can add layers to it depending on the space you need, he used it as a portable editing rig for CES last year I believe

I have been doing research for small form factor quiet gaming computers. So I have seen a few at Jayz2cents and LTT. When I said they don't last, I was thinking how Linus had to cram and force it close to make it fit. Jay had to also. I don't plan to mistreat the system, but I will be traveling for 3 or 4 weeks off and on for two years. I have a spare pelican case I was going to put the computer and monitor in. Even in those they don't water cool the GPU and it ramps up when under load. Its one of the reasons I was interested in the Corsair one. Someone did mention an Otto. That seems interesting. Both the GPU and CPU are water blocked. It however is on pre-order and I didn't want to pre-order a system if I didn't know when it was going to arrive. 

I hear good things about this forum, so I was reaching out to see if there was anything I missed. That Phanteks Evolv Shift looks great. It is larger and the fans are louder. I wish I could find out more information about how load. The sound of the machine is the biggest factor for me. 

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

The GPU can't be liquid cooled in this case. It is smaller, but not as quite. I trust PCpartpicker, but I don't think that power supply fits inside that case. It needs a SFF power supply. 

15 minutes ago, Caspi said:

The GPU can't be liquid cooled in this case. It is smaller, but not as quite. I trust PCpartpicker, but I don't think that power supply fits inside that case. It needs a SFF power supply. 

The gpu fits as it is and doesn't need liquid cooling. The psu fits.

1 hour ago, Caspi said:

I don't think that power supply fits inside that case. It needs a SFF power supply. 

It does fit a atx psu it seems according to the silverstone website 

https://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=536&area=en

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S 55.44 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($160.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($369.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming Video Card  ($1099.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Silverstone FTZ01-E Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($192.60 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 550 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($107.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $2541.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-04 15:26 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I went ahead and ordered the Corsair One. Sound is just that important to me. I appreciate all work you put into helping me. I wanted to make sure I left no stone unturned and you all helped with that. Wish me luck.