PC doesn't boot with new RAM

Hey everyone. I got a old Acer M5811 PC and decided to upgrade it and gift it to a good friend who can't afford a PC. I recently bought some new RAM Sticks with 8GB per Stick. It's a 2x8GB Kit which i bought of someone nearby (Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz CL10). After installing the RAM and taking out my 2GB Stick it just would not boot. It beeps and shows the Acer Screen but then turns off and on. When i installed my old RAM Stick (elixir 2GB 1333MHz CL9) it just boots up fine. I tried all possible combinations with the new and old ram on all 4 Slots but i just could not bring the new RAM to work. Now i wonder if it's because the CPU im using (i3-530) doesn't support 1666MHz RAM or the OEM Mainboard (remember, it's a prebuilt system) doesn't support the RAM. 

The mobo supports max 8GB ram and probably with either 2x4GB or 4x2GB sticks.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

2 hours ago, Ralf said:

The mobo supports max 8GB ram and probably with either 2x4GB or 4x2GB sticks.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're wrong. Apple also said that the Unibody Macbooks (last model with replacable RAM) only support 8GB at max, but you can easily run 16GB (2x8GB) with no issues. Also, if it supports 4GB sticks (as you said), why wouldn't it support 4 of them?

2 hours ago, Ercanos_ said:

Hey everyone. I got a old Acer M5811 PC and decided to upgrade it and gift it to a good friend who can't afford a PC. I recently bought some new RAM Sticks with 8GB per Stick. It's a 2x8GB Kit which i bought of someone nearby (Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz CL10). After installing the RAM and taking out my 2GB Stick it just would not boot. It beeps and shows the Acer Screen but then turns off and on. When i installed my old RAM Stick (elixir 2GB 1333MHz CL9) it just boots up fine. I tried all possible combinations with the new and old ram on all 4 Slots but i just could not bring the new RAM to work. Now i wonder if it's because the CPU im using (i3-530) doesn't support 1666MHz RAM or the OEM Mainboard (remember, it's a prebuilt system) doesn't support the RAM. 

I'd recommend you just get a new system. First gen Intel-Core processors are a dying platform and an i3-530 won't get you anywhere in terms of performance, and it definitely doesn't need 16GB of RAM. This old OEM PC is really not worth your time dude

1 minute ago, ZzLy said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're wrong. Apple also said that the Unibody Macbooks (last model with replacable RAM) only support 8GB at max, but you can easily run 16GB (2x8GB) with no issues. Also, if it supports 4GB sticks (as you said), why wouldn't it support 4 of them?

So you say that my ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0 will support 16GB ram just because Apple's Unibody Macbooks support it, even thought the manual says that 2GB ram is the max?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

4 minutes ago, Ralf said:

So you say that my ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0 will support 16GB ram just because Apple's Unibody Macbooks support it, even thought the manual says that 2GB ram is the max?

What a childish response. You totally missed my point and you're comparing a 20 year old computer to a 10 year old one. The system you just mentioned has two DDR2 slots and two DDR slots; DDR2 sticks max out at 2GB per stick and DDR maxes out at 1GB per stick. If you're using DDR you can indeed only have 2GB total, but if you're using DDR2 you could have 4GB total. I don't know if you can use both at the same time, but if you could then you could have 6GB max. Please do your research and don't compare hardware that is 10 years apart.

Looks like a Micro ATX Board.  Crucial website used to have more info, but everything is fully supported.

Looks like 8GB is most and should take up to DDR3-1600

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-m5811

>

I would maybe return all new memory purchased, ditch the original memory in case and just get 4 sticks of Crucial and max it out

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

ok, it does mention specs.  I did not notice the top of page and blue box..duh

memory

Slots: 4 (2 banks of 2)

Maximum Memory: 8GB

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

Standard Memory: 2GB or 4GB removable

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

11 hours ago, ZzLy said:

What a childish response. You totally missed my point and you're comparing a 20 year old computer to a 10 year old one. The system you just mentioned has two DDR2 slots and two DDR slots; DDR2 sticks max out at 2GB per stick and DDR maxes out at 1GB per stick. If you're using DDR you can indeed only have 2GB total, but if you're using DDR2 you could have 4GB total. I don't know if you can use both at the same time, but if you could then you could have 6GB max. Please do your research and don't compare hardware that is 10 years apart.

And you totally missed my point, cuz that's not how it works.

3 hours ago, Ralf said:

And you totally missed my point, cuz that's not how it works.

That is exactly how it works. Do your research kid.