Corsair 465X with H100i Platinum - will the RGB work?

Hello,

I'm going to build a PC with a lot of Corsair parts in a month and I'm not sure if all RGB fans will work as intended.

The case includes an iCUE Lighting Node CORE and 3x LL120 fans while the AIO includes 2x ML120 fans.

If I understood it correctly I can't connect LL and ML fans to the Lighting Node CORE even tough I could connect up to 6 fans to it.

I'm planning to buy an additional LL120 fan later for the back.

My mainboard is an Asus Rog Strix X570 Gaming E and should have 2x 4-pin RGB header and 2x 3-pin RGB header.

Will I be fine or do I need to buy some extra parts?

2 hours ago, Gol_D_Chris said:

Hello,

I'm going to build a PC with a lot of Corsair parts in a month and I'm not sure if all RGB fans will work as intended.

The case includes an iCUE Lighting Node CORE and 3x LL120 fans while the AIO includes 2x ML120 fans.

If I understood it correctly I can't connect LL and ML fans to the Lighting Node CORE even tough I could connect up to 6 fans to it.

I'm planning to buy an additional LL120 fan later for the back.

My mainboard is an Asus Rog Strix X570 Gaming E and should have 2x 4-pin RGB header and 2x 3-pin RGB header.

Will I be fine or do I need to buy some extra parts?

I'm not sure of the connection hub on the ML fans but the LL fan hub does not connect to the RGB header at all you will use the USB 2.0 Header instead. So this will leave your RGB headers free to use with other AURA Sync compatible fans. I'm not sure of the hardware you plan to use but remember also that fans will draw power from the PSU and if you plan to use an AIO,  you may want to up the PSU to at least 600w just to be safe. Most systems I build I don't go below 650w just for the sake of head room for smaller builds. 

On 2/1/2020 at 5:10 PM, lightblind said:

I'm not sure of the connection hub on the ML fans but the LL fan hub does not connect to the RGB header at all you will use the USB 2.0 Header instead. So this will leave your RGB headers free to use with other AURA Sync compatible fans. I'm not sure of the hardware you plan to use but remember also that fans will draw power from the PSU and if you plan to use an AIO,  you may want to up the PSU to at least 600w just to be safe. Most systems I build I don't go below 650w just for the sake of head room for smaller builds. 

Thank you for your reply :)

I have a ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super and will buy a Ryzen 7 3700X or 3800X depending on the price (I'll get one game with the 3700X and two with the 3800X).

Nvidia recommends 650W+ for the 2070S, so I'm already planning to get 650 or 750W :)