New Build Help Needed!

Hello everyone, I am looking to build an AMD 3950x .

I was thinking 32-64 gigs trident neo 3600 ram? maybe? 

would love to use Lian Li O11D XL-X ATX Full Tower Case

I have a 2070 gpu from my other pc.

I want to game and stream and render on same pc as well as record if needed.

I have a $2800 usd budget .

I heard coming here was the best place for advice and to be prepared because there will be a debate.

I have 2 weeks till payday and I can order parts

Can anyone here put a BUILD together to help me get the greatest bang for my buck.

are you looking to render AND stream AND game all at the same time? if so 32gb of RAM should be plenty, 

and if you are only planning on rendering and streaming, or gaming and streaming 16gb should be enough.

i have 16gb DDR4 and i can be streaming an AAA title game, have 5-6 tabs (chrome) and my OBS (streamlabs) in use, and still only use up like 50-70%

I have 16gb now on a 2700 no the x and when i play  tarkov and stream it give me the out of memory .. so 32 should be the key. anyone put me a build together?

I would've gone with an air cooler normally but the O11D seems pretty tight in terms of CPU cooler clearance, so I went with an AIO instead.

The X570-E has beefier VRMs and onboard Wi-Fi, but if you want to save some money you could go for a lower-end Asus X570 board and still get everything you need. Even the TUF X570-Plus should handle the 3950X just fine.

32GB I personally think would be plenty for your use case.

In terms of storage I went with a good 2TB NVMe but you could go for a smaller one and add in a mechanical hard drive for mass storage, depending on your preference.

650W will be plenty for your system, including headroom, and the Straight Power is about as good a PSU as you can get before you kind of step into overspending territory for this kind of a build.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I would've gone with an air cooler normally but the O11D seems pretty tight in terms of CPU cooler clearance, so I went with an AIO instead.

The X570-E has beefier VRMs and onboard Wi-Fi, but if you want to save some money you could go for a lower-end Asus X570 board and still get everything you need. Even the TUF X570-Plus should handle the 3950X just fine.

32GB I personally think would be plenty for your use case.

In terms of storage I went with a good 2TB NVMe but you could go for a smaller one and add in a mechanical hard drive for mass storage, depending on your preference.

650W will be plenty for your system, including headroom, and the Straight Power is about as good a PSU as you can get before you kind of step into overspending territory for this kind of a build.

ok so im looking at it, thinking to bump the psu to 850 and that case to the xl the cooler to a 360 aio i guess

11 minutes ago, NewbPCBuilder said:

ok so im looking at it, thinking to bump the psu to 850 and that case to the xl the cooler to a 360 aio i guess

Somone told me I NEED the crosshair VIII wifi for this build is that true?

59 minutes ago, idwt said:

are you looking to render AND stream AND game all at the same time? if so 32gb of RAM should be plenty, 

and if you are only planning on rendering and streaming, or gaming and streaming 16gb should be enough.

i have 16gb DDR4 and i can be streaming an AAA title game, have 5-6 tabs (chrome) and my OBS (streamlabs) in use, and still only use up like 50-70%

I have 16gb now on a 2700 no the x and when i play  tarkov and stream it give me the out of memory .. so 32 should be the key. anyone put me a build together?