Music - How do i make it?

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

I'm working around as best I can with his simile, it's difficult to work with something as concrete as...physically being broken, what I'm trying to get across is that quiting stops progression and in that moment and when you quit, whats your excuse, if it's because your not getting as good as someone else or as good as you want to be fast enough, then your using talent as an exuse. "What? You spend 10 hours a day playing piano? I wish I could be as talented as you."- the single most stupid thing anyone has ever said to me

I gave you the "classic example" of a 5'5" man playing in the NBA. I don't think a paraplegic can walk with shear diligents and dedication. I think that maybe I should have made the arguement that it was more like using the chair as an exuse to stop going outside, but I made my best arguement and I don't think it was a bad one.

But talent is the ability to do something, it does not prescribe how that ability came to be,  you are talented because you practice, My son is not talented regardless of how much he practices.  The only point I am trying to make is that talent is not a dirty word or an excuse not to practice, but simply a scale of ones ability.  I play guitar/drums for about 2 hours a week and have done since I was 8 (38 now) and I still suck and can't manage timing, that's just a fact. no amount of education or practice will or has changed that.  It is simply that I don't have talent.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The wonderful thing about music is that everyone can do it. Maybe not in the way people initially wish to do so, but the same dynamic applies to everything in life. Someone may want to be a movie actor but "innate" looks prevent them from being one. That person may find themselves getting into writing scripts, editing, cinematography, FX etc.

Lots of musicians want to be "the best" at their instrument. A few years post music degree doing jazz gigs in NYC will end that dream quickly.

Composing electronic music needs little in the way of music virtuosity. It's the ideas and arranging which count.

The whole thing however requires total dedication, unless one wishes to dabble in music creation. An excellent computer game requires total dedication- but I imagine a few years spent can result in something great as well.

On/Topic- it's easy to go OCD on gear which can have deleterious effect upon the music and wallet.

I agree with what most here are saying, re: a program such as FL being a great way to get into music creation. There certainly will not be a lack of tools with the program. Ppl can spend a lifetime exploring "only" subtractive synthesis- FL has modules which would (should) keep anyone busy for a very, very long time.

Just because a newer version of a program exists doesn't mean it's better.

One strong recommendation: Learn 1 instrument (it may take a while to find which one fits you..."clicks").

Don't let anyone convince you "you're late to the game" concerning learning an instrument. The key is to practice with consistency.

For now, have fun! FL is a mature "all-in-one" program. Don't dedicate 500-800$ on a program yet! Many have "LE" or "Artist" versions, which if beginning will provide more than enough stuff to mess around with.

Try studio one, it has a 30 day fully unlocked trial period.

Reason is like FL in that it consists of many modules and is for the most part an AIO program.

I do the stuff professionally, have been a drum teacher since 1996 and a piano teacher since 1999. My first daw was Logic for DOS way before Apple took it over. It was a nightmare. Go to the bookstore and buy a copy of Computer Music- you'll learn a lot about the stuff.

Happy music making!