Optimizing a new PC

Buksi

Hey! I built a PC yesterday for the first time ever. Here is my new baby: 

Before this I've been using a PC I bought in 2013 and I wasn't able to work or do any gaming on it anymore. Windows 10 is also new to me as I've been using Windows 7.

My question is: is there a definitive way to optimize the performance of every piece of hardware in this new PC? If so, can you link me a written or video guide? I am completely new to these new hardwares/drivers/programs/benchmarks/etc and I feel kinda lost. I don't necessarily mean overclocking as I wanna run a very stable system. So far I downloaded the following programs: AI Suite 3, Cinebench, CPUID CPU-Z, Aida64 Extreme, HWiNFO64. The past few hours I've been looking at them but I can't really seem to figure out how to use them and what I can use them for really.

Also, I wanna test my GPU and CPU to see if I "won the silicon lottery" or not. How could I do that exactly? Again, I'd appreciate a detailed (step by step) written or video guide on these.

Thanks in advance!

First thing.  NO NO NO AI Suite!  It won't play well with half of the other programs you listed.  And those monitoring programs may also slow things down if ran together.  HWiNFO is the only one you want for actual monitoring.  CPU-Z I only use for benchmark confirmations.  Aida64 I use to test my RAM performance.  Cinebench is a benchmark, but that one you probably knew.  

As far as optimizations: make sure you have a sterile Windows environment.  What that means to me is that you disable all unnecessary programs and services.  A quick way to start is by opening Task Manager and finding all the things you don't recognize and then Googling them to see if they're essential.  If you can then prevent them from even loading then that's the goal.  Also, go into Windows Services and find what's not needed in there.  There are guides online for that.

There's more with drivers and power management, but we will save that for later.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

if you want to be absolutely sure about your placement in the silicon lottery, you can send it to siliconlottery.com to get your speeds verified but it's expensive and you're gonna need a reasonably high end motherboard to get those speeds anyway

1 hour ago, Buksi said:

Also, I wanna test my GPU and CPU to see if I "won the silicon lottery" or not.

that literally means whether your CPU and GPU overclock very well. since you don't want to overclock (you should), then you shouldn't care about silicon lottery