Flashing RX580 to RX590 Possible ?

Go to solution Solved by Bitter,

RX590's were the silicon lottery winners of the Polaris XT GPU cores, your 580 simply may not be capable of those speeds and so it was binned as a 580. 1500 is pretty good! I'm running my Red Devil 580 at Golden Sample speeds, 1425 @ 1.08 or 1.1 volts (need to check later) and 2050 RAM with timing level 2. Saw about a 200pt jump in SuperPosition benchmark and about a 10C jump in temps but overall with a small tweak to fan curves it's running at an acceptable volume.

Hey guys i have a Sapphire Nitro + RX 580 which i currently run with a Sapphire Limited Edition BIOS which bumps my core clocks to 1450Mhz and it's rock stable with 1.180V. 
I tried to compare the Bios from RX590 and there's just no difference between the two of them. Just the Clock speed is 1560. Also a little tighter ram timings. 
AMD Says that 590 uses a 12nm silicone,but both 590 and 580 has 232mm die's and both have 5700mil transistors. Also TDP is the same so we can't speak of lithography difference here. 

Soooo yeaaah. My RX580 has Dual bios and i'm not concerned about bricking my card and i tried to flash RX590 bios ...  AAAnd voila it worked ! The PC rebooted fine . I didn't even had to reinstall drivers. 
Checking in GPU-Z it still says i have RX580 series,but the default clock is now 1560Mhz. 
So it worked it's stable in windows,but as u can guess it is clearly not stable in games although i can now bump the voltage to 1.212 now instead of 1.200 which makes the card stable at 1500mhz and no more. 
This gave me about 5 to 10% percent in Far Cry 5 benchmark over the Sapphire Limited Edition 1450mhz Core and overclocked memory to 2100 with mem timing on Lvl 2. 
Temps are not that much higher. I have custom profile which won't let the core go over 65 degrees. 

What do u think about it ? 

since the RX 590 is just an RX 580, not surprised.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

since the RX 590 is just an RX 580, not surprised.

So how can u achieve stable 1560 ?

1 minute ago, HristoBB said:

So how can u achieve stable 1560 ?

well the power delivery of the 590 isn't exactly the same, but getting 1500 is pretty dang close so not like there'd be even a 1 fps difference if you did manage that last 60MHz,

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

RX590's were the silicon lottery winners of the Polaris XT GPU cores, your 580 simply may not be capable of those speeds and so it was binned as a 580. 1500 is pretty good! I'm running my Red Devil 580 at Golden Sample speeds, 1425 @ 1.08 or 1.1 volts (need to check later) and 2050 RAM with timing level 2. Saw about a 200pt jump in SuperPosition benchmark and about a 10C jump in temps but overall with a small tweak to fan curves it's running at an acceptable volume.