Which CPU is better for me

yonyon

Tell me which CPU is better for me.

I mostly use for Nox (android emulator) for Mult task more then 4 windows to play smartphone games.

I`m thinking of Ryzen 3600 or 2700.

and i think i dont need good GPU so i will get GTX1650 for low power GPU to cut electric bill.

Now im using i7 8550U laptop but that is hard to start up 4 windows and watching youtube.

I dont need laptop anymore so ill sell it and get new desktop.

im not good English speaker but i really want to communication with you guys to get great idea.

i feel like you would benifit from the ryzen 7 2700x , it has 8 cores which will help you run more windows at once, and you can dedicate more cores per emulator/VM

Get a 3xxx Series Ryzen, getting the 2xxx series doesnt make sense, the 3xxx series will last you much longer, and seriously outperform it.

Getting a 2700x for desktop use in 2020 doesnt make sense to me

Sounds like you need more monitors not a faster cpu as the i7 8550u should be more than enough for your needs, why not buy 2 monitors and hook them up to your laptop?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

17 minutes ago, kla3 said:

Get a 3xxx Series Ryzen, getting the 2xxx series doesnt make sense, the 3xxx series will last you much longer, and seriously outperform it.

Getting a 2700x for desktop use in 2020 doesnt make sense to me

I though so form yesterday. However i see the 2700x is better then 3600 for editing video. 

that why im thinking for 2700 and 2700 is cheap then 3600

12 minutes ago, Kirky2k15 said:

Sounds like you need more monitors not a faster cpu as the i7 8550u should be more than enough for your needs, why not buy 2 monitors and hook them up to your laptop?

hmm. 

I decide to buy laptop because i got 4k monitor and when i plug in to 4k monitor with my laptop that will freeze a lot and i7 8550u is not enough power. 4 multi nox is super slow to using android so i think get new one.
one more thing is i can sell this laptop very high cost right now but if i dont buy it now then It`s going down. 2 year laptop is good time to sell it i think.

you never said in your original post that you were doing video editing, and if i remember correctly that was only in Davinci ?

But i still cant see why the 2700x should beat the 3600x in anything at all really

2 minutes ago, kla3 said:

But i still cant see why the 2700x should beat the 3600x in anything at all really

it has 2 more cores and the 3600's single core speed does not make up for that

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it has 2 more cores and the 3600's single core speed does not make up for that

Still, video editing wasnt mentioned at all in the original post, and for anything else, the 3600x wins hands down

And i stand by my point, buying a 2xxx Ryzen chip in 2020 doesnt make sense (unless budget is insanely tight)

7 minutes ago, yonyon said:

4 multi nox is super slow to using android so i think get new one.

Have you enabled hardware virtualization?

Also assign each player to 1 core. That cpu only has 4 cores.

https://www.bignox.com/blog/customize-cpu-and-ram-assigned-to-the-player/

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 minutes ago, kla3 said:

Still, video editing wasnt mentioned at all in the original post, and for anything else, the 3600x wins hands down

And i stand by my point, buying a 2xxx Ryzen chip in 2020 doesnt make sense (unless budget is insanely tight)

For virtualization more cores is better, even slower baseclock.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

26 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Have you enabled hardware virtualization?

Also assign each player to 1 core. That cpu only has 4 cores.

https://www.bignox.com/blog/customize-cpu-and-ram-assigned-to-the-player/

I enabled hardware virtualization.

but i didint assign each player to 1 core, i think one core is too slow and i think each player doesnt use full of one core so i assigned two core each Player.

is that doesnt work for nox player?

One more question about thread if i assign one core for each player is that working all of 8 thread? i dont know about  thread anymore.

39 minutes ago, kla3 said:

you never said in your original post that you were doing video editing, and if i remember correctly that was only in Davinci ?

im not saying about Video editing however i think nox player is more likely to video editing then video games. both are using multi core is better i think. i deciding to 2700. 

new thing is good but still 2700 is good cost performance because of cost getting down.

If i'm not wrong, in virtualbox 1 threads is counted as 1 core, so in a 8 thread cpu it will see it as 8 core cpu.

Anyway if you run them at the same time, no wonder the pc is slow.

You should at least reserve 1 core (2 threads) for the windows.

7 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

If i'm not wrong, in virtualbox 1 threads is counted as 1 core, so in a 8 thread cpu it will see it as 8 core cpu.

Anyway if you run them at the same time, no wonder the pc is slow.

You should at least reserve 1 core (2 threads) for the windows.

im thinking same way.

maybe i have to searching about that things to start up one window and high quality setting to one core and watching CPU Process using and it will find out that question maybe.

1 hour ago, yonyon said:

hmm. 

I decide to buy laptop because i got 4k monitor and when i plug in to 4k monitor with my laptop that will freeze a lot and i7 8550u is not enough power. 4 multi nox is super slow to using android so i think get new one.

If you're using a 4k monitor I'd go with something a bit more powerful than a GTX 1650. You are more likely to be having issues with the laptop because you are gpu bottled neck instead of cpu bottled neck especially if your laptop is using integrated graphics to push a 4k monitor

The 3700X is faster than the 2700X while using a lot less power.. it has the same amount of cores but it's efficiency is off the charts.  Especially if you under volt it or reduce the wattage a tad.  If you do any kind of sustained loads for hours at a time.. in my country it will pay for itself in power bill savings within 1 year.  Maybe it's different in your country and power isn't so expensive.

For me personally, both the 3600 and the 2700X are limited in terms of future proofing.   One because it only has 6 cores, the other because it has less efficiency and higher power consumption.  To me 3700X is a great all rounder (great performance and good with the power bill) with some future proof built in.  I still want to get a 3950X in a year or two though, but for now.. the 3700X is my favourite chip of the whole 3000 series lineup.  I do a lot of 24/7 video encoding.. sometimes for 14 days straight.. so the power bill really matters to me.

9 hours ago, Jonotallica said:

The 3700X is faster than the 2700X while using a lot less power.. it has the same amount of cores but it's efficiency is off the charts.  Especially if you under volt it or reduce the wattage a tad.  If you do any kind of sustained loads for hours at a time.. in my country it will pay for itself in power bill savings within 1 year.  Maybe it's different in your country and power isn't so expensive.

For me personally, both the 3600 and the 2700X are limited in terms of future proofing.   One because it only has 6 cores, the other because it has less efficiency and higher power consumption.  To me 3700X is a great all rounder (great performance and good with the power bill) with some future proof built in.  I still want to get a 3950X in a year or two though, but for now.. the 3700X is my favourite chip of the whole 3000 series lineup.  I do a lot of 24/7 video encoding.. sometimes for 14 days straight.. so the power bill really matters to me.

That’s true. I also think 3700X is super good CPU, however that’s cost too much for me and over power maybe. 
if you going to do very heavy things like video encoring or something like that that’s good for 3700X

I’m thinking for not for long time to use this computer. 
that’s whyi want to cost cut. 
i also think there is Ryzen 2700 without x

that is 65w isn’t it?

12 hours ago, Stacherscomic3 said:

If you're using a 4k monitor I'd go with something a bit more powerful than a GTX 1650. You are more likely to be having issues with the laptop because you are gpu bottled neck instead of cpu bottled neck especially if your laptop is using integrated graphics to push a 4k monitor

hmm really do I need more good GPU for not playing game?

I’m not going to play game with 4k. 

5 hours ago, yonyon said:

hmm really do I need more good GPU for not playing game?

I’m not going to play game with 4k. 

You probably don't need a "good" gpu but definitely something more than a entry level gpu. The only reason games have trouble being play at 4k is because the resolution is so massive it doesn't really have to do so much with the game.

30 minutes ago, Stacherscomic3 said:

You probably don't need a "good" gpu but definitely something more than a entry level gpu. The only reason games have trouble being play at 4k is because the resolution is so massive it doesn't really have to do so much with the game.

so maybe i should get RX 5500 XT or 1660?

My friends tell me that "

16 hours ago, yonyon said:

so maybe i should get RX 5500 XT or 1660?

My friends tell me that "

I would go with a 1660 ti or super or a 5600xt

3 hours ago, Stacherscomic3 said:

I would go with a 1660 ti or super or a 5600xt

Hmm Im not gonna play game so i dont need that GPU.

if i spend money to GPU ill buy 3700X