Ubiquiti Products in Canada

DigitalPixel

Anyone use Ubiquiti products? If so where did you purchase them in Canada? I'm interested in UniFi USW-24-POE Gen2 switches and APs.

I checked all those. Can't seem to find the USW-24-POE Gen2 switch for a good price. If purchasing directly from the Canadian Ubiquity store do we have to pay duties/customs? Its all listed in CAD with free shipping but doesn't say anything else.

25 minutes ago, DigitalPixel said:

I checked all those. Can't seem to find the USW-24-POE Gen2 switch for a good price. If purchasing directly from the Canadian Ubiquity store do we have to pay duties/customs? Its all listed in CAD with free shipping but doesn't say anything else.

ask them

You could just get it straight from the store? I would assume those prices include tax in Canada...

When visiting the store directly it says this to me "This store is available only to Canadian-based customers." which would indicate its local pricing

https://ca.store.ui.com/products/usw-24-poe

Here in NZ, anything sold locally must include GST (tax), i assume the same is true for Canada?

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

18 hours ago, TrigrH said:

ask them

I did, last week I sent them an e-mail but did not get a response.

16 hours ago, Jarsky said:

You could just get it straight from the store? I would assume those prices include tax in Canada...

When visiting the store directly it says this to me "This store is available only to Canadian-based customers." which would indicate its local pricing

Here in NZ, anything sold locally must include GST (tax), i assume the same is true for Canada?

I seen that but I don't know if there are duties/customs added on delivery.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:36 PM, Jarsky said:

In Canada, because each province has their own sales tax on top of the federal tax, prices are almost always shown before tax. 

Tax is normally calculated at checkout. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

20 hours ago, Sugadaddy said:

That listing looks a little sketchy. No reviews, no description... Its fulfilled by Amazon so I guess if anything I can return it without question. I'm not in a rush so I'll keep looking.

Curious, what about the UBNT gen 2 switch is appealing to you?  The updated product line leaves a lot to be desired tbh and the price is gouged as well.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

13 hours ago, DigitalPixel said:

That listing looks a little sketchy. No reviews, no description... Its fulfilled by Amazon so I guess if anything I can return it without question. I'm not in a rush so I'll keep looking.

Plenty of Amazon listings look like that, with little to no description. Even "good" listings are still sorely lacking compared to the same item on - say - NewEgg.

If it's fulfilled by Amazon, that's certainly in your favour.

However, for the minor cost difference (about $5), I'd just order it directly from the UBNT Canadian store.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 hours ago, beersykins said:

Curious, what about the UBNT gen 2 switch is appealing to you?  The updated product line leaves a lot to be desired tbh and the price is gouged as well.

Fanless design is the most important. The user interface is great. Its very shallow too and would fit in the rack I want to get. I don't own any Ubiquity products yet so who knows if I'll like it.

8 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Plenty of Amazon listings look like that, with little to no description. Even "good" listings are still sorely lacking compared to the same item on - say - NewEgg.

If it's fulfilled by Amazon, that's certainly in your favour.

However, for the minor cost difference (about $5), I'd just order it directly from the UBNT Canadian store.

Have you ordered from their online Canadian store? Are there customs/duties on delivery? 

13 hours ago, DigitalPixel said:

Fanless design is the most important. The user interface is great. Its very shallow too and would fit in the rack I want to get. I don't own any Ubiquity products yet so who knows if I'll like it.

Have you ordered from their online Canadian store? Are there customs/duties on delivery? 

I have not. I can only assume there won’t be, but if there’s no tax charged at checkout, budget tax being charged on delivery just in case. 

It's Fulfilled by Amazon, don't see the problem. Seems out of stock now though.

Never ordered directly from Ubiquiti, but unless they ship from Canada (very doubtful) you'll be paying taxes and duty. (and brokerage fees if they use UPS)

3 minutes ago, Sugadaddy said:

It's Fulfilled by Amazon, don't see the problem. Seems out of stock now though.

Never ordered directly from Ubiquiti, but unless they ship from Canada (very doubtful) you'll be paying taxes and duty. (and brokerage fees if they use UPS)

@DigitalPixel there's an easy way to solve this:

Call the support number for the UBNT Canada webstore and ask them.

@SugarDaddy I wouldn't rule out them having a Canadian warehouse for distribution purposes. And even if they don't, whether you need to pay for duty entirely depends on the product and price of it - if it ships from the US, it's probably covered under NAFTA (or USMCA, once all parties ratify it) - you'll still need to pay for taxes (whether they charge at the store or on delivery), but you should be accounting for taxes in either case.

As for UPS's dumbass brokerage fee, if the store has the option to select USPS or Canada Post, you won't have to pay that fee.