Laptop spazzes out when pluggin into mains

Hey LTT people,

my XMG C404 suddenly behaves really strangely.

When I insert the DC powercable into the Laptop the keyboard stops responding, it also types "n b" for every insert of the powercable.

Sometimes everything goes weird and it circles through landscape mode, portrait mode and their upside down variants until I pull the powercable out.

It charges fine, I can type when the powercable is not plugged in. I tried some restarts, sometimes it dies during restart (without power plugged in).

I booted Linux from a USB stick to see if its a driver issue: Same keyboard issue. Same in Safe mode.

Any hints? Searched the internet the last two days but nothing turned up.

Sadly I am abroad and all my tools are at home...

Help is really appreciated!

Tim

39 minutes ago, TimTomTum said:

Hey LTT people,

my XMG C404 suddenly behaves really strangely.

When I insert the DC powercable into the Laptop the keyboard stops responding, it also types "n b" for every insert of the powercable.

Sometimes everything goes weird and it circles through landscape mode, portrait mode and their upside down variants until I pull the powercable out.

It charges fine, I can type when the powercable is not plugged in. I tried some restarts, sometimes it dies during restart (without power plugged in).

I booted Linux from a USB stick to see if its a driver issue: Same keyboard issue. Same in Safe mode.

Any hints? Searched the internet the last two days but nothing turned up.

Sadly I am abroad and all my tools are at home...

Help is really appreciated!

Tim

Definitely a hardware issue, kinda sounds like something shorting where it probably shouldn't.