First non pre-built PC, looking for help

Buksi

Hey!

I'm planning to build a PC next week. Will eventually be using a 1440p 144hz 1ms monitor but for a few months I'll only be using a fullHD 144hz 1ms one. Mostly gaming, some streaming and very very rarely some light video editing. I'm from Hungary and prices here are very different to most places so I'm not sure how to set a budget, if I exchange hungarian currency to US $ my budget is around $1640 but it's not accurate at all so what I'd say is look at the list I came up with and if there is something better for the same price range let me know please! People have been helping me here a lot and on other forums as I've been planning this since last august, and I'm thinking of getting the following build:

I wanted to make performance-oriented decisions, I don't really care about aesthetics so I said no to RGB as they are more expensive as well.

I'm pretty much set on the CPU, 3600 was an option for a while but I think I wanna go with the 3700x. The CPU Cooler has pretty good reviews and they recommend it often in Hungary, it's also pretty cheap here. As for the motherboard, it's the part where I'm mostly undecided. Some say I'd be fine with a b450 tomahawk max but I think I kinda wanna go with a more future proof x570 and this particular one (Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus) had the best reviews in this budget range, other option was the Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite. I definitely wanna go with a 3200MHz memory, went with the Corsair Vengeance as they are well reviewed and is compatible with the motherboard. They are CL16 because CL14 are a lot more expensive here, same with 3600MHz. For storage, I'm good with just a 500GB one for now, Samsung 970 Evo is very well reviewed so I went with that. I definitely wanna go with an Nvidia card, 2070 Super is the way to go in this price range in my opinion and this particular one (Gigabyte Gaming OC 3X) has pretty good reviews everywhere and it's on the cheaper side of 2070 Supers here. For the longest time I thought I was gonna be fine with a 550W PSU but I was told I should get a 650W for this system and they aren't that much more expensive so I went with the Seasonic Focus Plus. I definitely wanna get a fully modular 80+ Gold certified PSU, I was recommended the Riotoro Enigma G2 too but I never heard of the brand before (probably because I'm not experienced yet). As for the case, I need one with really good airflow and around this price range. The CM MB511 has awesome reviews and has plenty of space to build which will be useful for me, as I'm gonna be building for the first time. I was recommended 2x front intake fans as well which apparently this case doesn't come with, only a rear one so I looked at these two Arctic P140 Bionix PWM PST or Arctic P14 PWM PST which aren't included in this pcpartpicker list, sorry for that.

So that's it, I wanna know what you guys think about this build, could I get better parts for around the same price? Is everything compatible? On the pcpartpicker site on the bottom it has 2 notes for me: 

• Note:The Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.
  • Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

I have no idea what these mean so please help me.

Thanks in advance!

Buksi

8 minutes ago, Buksi said:

• Note:The Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.
  • Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

I have no idea what these mean so please help 

Both notes are harmless:

1st note: There is a extra 4 pin conector on the mobo that you wont need to connect, it will not affect anything.

2nd note: the ram you chose does not have very tall heatspreaders, so no problem (they wont be high enough to possibly touch the cpu cooler).

Looks like a solid build.

There are better PSUs out there, especially for that price. I would suggest you swap the Focus out for either a Corsair RMx or be quiet Straight Power.

Other than that, it looks solid.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

What websites are you buying from in hungary? Could you use amazon.de for example? I think with some tweaks your budget would allow a 2080 super, which will make a big difference at 144pp 144hz.

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

What websites are you buying from in hungary? Could you use amazon.de for example? I think with some tweaks your budget would allow a 2080 super, which will make a big difference at 144pp 144hz.

amazon.de is around 10% more expensive but I'm curious where would you be able to cut the price to fit the 2080 super? And which brand of the 2080 super would you recommend?

1 hour ago, Bartholomew said:

Both notes are harmless:

Good to know, thanks!

3 minutes ago, Buksi said:

amazon.de is around 10% more expensive but I'm curious where would you be able to cut the price to fit the 2080 super? And which brand of the 2080 super would you recommend?

If this is over budget, i'd get a b450 motherboard and even go down to a r5 3600 if you don't do streaming or video editing, in order to fit the 2080 super.

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

There are better PSUs out there, especially for that price. I would suggest you swap the Focus out for either a Corsair RMx or be quiet Straight Power.

Other than that, it looks solid.

Yup, I'm gonna be looking at PSUs today and see which one is the best for me, I want my system to be as quiet as possible so maybe I'll go with the Straight Power. Thanks for your comment! How is your Corsair RM650x in terms of noise levels?

1 minute ago, Buksi said:

Yup, I'm gonna be looking at PSUs today and see which one is the best for me, I want my system to be as quiet as possible so maybe I'll go with the Straight Power. Thanks for your comment! How is your Corsair RM650x in terms of noise levels?

Bitfenix formula or whisper, bequiet straight power, or corsair rmx would be my choices. 550W should be enough.

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Thanks for the list! I think I'll go with the build I originally planned just with a different PSU as everyone seems to be telling that it is a solid build. I'm gonna be using a fullHD monitor for a while too, maybe 6 months to a year even. By the time I upgrade to a 1440p monitor I'll be able to upgrade the GPU as well if needed.

28 minutes ago, Buksi said:

It's been dead silent since I've had it when in-use. It also reduced the coil whine of my GPU, compared to my old Pure Power L8 (quite an old unit at this point). The only time I managed to get any sort of coil whine/buzzing out of it is actually when my PC is off, but it is only audible if I literally stick my ear next to it.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

On 1/26/2020 at 12:43 PM, Mateyyy said:

It's been dead silent since I've had it when in-use. It also reduced the coil whine of my GPU, compared to my old Pure Power L8 (quite an old unit at this point). The only time I managed to get any sort of coil whine/buzzing out of it is actually when my PC is off, but it is only audible if I literally stick my ear next to it.

I decided to go with yours, the Corsair RM650x! Also changed the case to Phanteks P400A and the RAM to Crucial Ballistix LT which can be OC'd to 3600 CL16 in some cases.

11 minutes ago, Buksi said:

I decided to go with yours, the Corsair RM650x! Also changed the case to Phanteks P400A and the RAM to Crucial Ballistix LT which can be OC'd to 3600 CL16 in some cases.

Great, best of luck and have fun with your new PC!