System specs:

i5 8600K

16GB GSKILL Trident Z 3200Mhz

MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon

750 Watt PSU

Corsair H115i liquid cooler

Asus Xonar Phoebus soundcard

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

I have recently bought myself a new GPU, an MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X. This replaced my old MSI Vega 56. 

I've been running an OC on my CPU for over a year now, being completely stable. 

i5 8600K @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.320v 

However, after I installed my new RTX card, the system won't post anymore. The 'EZ DBUG LED' remains lit and I don't get any screen whatsoever. 

I jumped the 2 pins on my MOBO and the system booted fine. After I tried the OC again, it boots perfectly into windows. If I hit: 'Restart' within Windows, the system will restart without any problem. 

If I shut down the PC and turn it back on 5 minutes later, the system won't post again, forcing me to short the pins and reset the CMOS again. 

All the fans and RGB lights do come on and remain on/spinning. 

I tried to use XMP only, which worked perfecly fine. 
I tried to use the maximum turbo frequency (which is 4.4Ghz on all cores for this CPU), which worked perfectly fine. 

Once I try 4.5 GHz, I get the same issue. It does post, within windows I can click restart without any problems, but when I shutdown and try to boot the machine 10 minutes later, it won't post.

I have no clue what to do, so can someone give me any advice?

Thanks in advace!

edit: I switched to an older bios too, without succes. 

Putting back in the old GPU doesn't work either, it is not being recognized at all. 

Does this behavior change when you put back in the old graphics card?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

When I put back in the old graphics card, the system doesn't recognize it and uses the integrated Intel graphics. 

Download DDU

Boot into safe mode

remove older drivers and power off

change GPU to NVidia

reboot to windows and download new Nvidia drivers.

If you still have the issue then you can look at hardware, but i'd do this first to make sure the drivers are correct for the GPU you want to use.

I already used DDU, I uninstalled both and and Nvidia drivers, then used a different pc to download older drivers and installed them, still no difference. 

Could it be a PSU issue? I was trying yesterday, and all of a sudden the PC wouldn't boot at all. There was not any sign of life. I used a different power cable and 5 minutes later the PC booted again. 

I still don't understand why it did work with the Vega, since the Vega used over 170 watts showed in Afterburner. The 2070s isn't using much more power, right?

I will be trying a different model this afternoon, to see if it makes a difference. 

The PC does boot with CPU voltage set to 1.36v and 4.4 GHz. 

The PSU is an old Antec model, approximately from 2010/2011.