Corsair Obsidian 650d Semi-custom Watercooling Build-log *toxic-fury*

Hello peeps @ LinusTechTips!

I am in this moment starting on a Semi-Custom Build, which i am gonna put into the Lovely Corsair Obsidian 650D Case. I really love the simple design, which makes you focus on anything else (namely the watercooling  :) ). 

Image_01S.jpg

It's so gorgeous! I fell in love with it after i considered going for a 900D build, but quickly thought to myself it was gonna be waaaay too huge for what i have in mind.

So, what did i mean by Semi-Custom? You see, i have recently acquired 2x Asetek Closed Watercoolers from the BOXED set you can buy with an AMD 8150 CPU also.

amd_fx_water_cooler_010.jpg

But that AMD logo is not gonna work out. As many of you might know, this pump has a WHITE (or maybe RGB??) LED in it, to light up the  AMD-LOGO. Im gonna sand that away, and then i'm gonna have one of my professionals do 2x nVidia logos on them instead. That i'm looking forward to!

These two coolers are gonna be mounted on these:

1zotac680.jpg
msi_geforce_gtx_680_1.jpg

They are both gonna be mounted with this:

basic-brackets.jpeg

They will be in bare aluminium when i get them, but i will probably paint them nVidia-green or glossy black. Same goes with the black on the pumps, gonna be glossy. Also the outside of the radiators are probably gonna be green too.

But that's not all, nonono! THe tubes on the Asetek watercoolers are gonne be exchanged for some clear ones, and the water will be... Try guessing, you can do it!

200_clear_pvc_tubing.1.jpg

f1green.jpg

So that is gonna look awesome i hope!

At this moment, i also have a CPU Water Cooler. The Antec Kuhler 920 to be exact.

17-antec-kuhler-h2o-920.jpg

This is gonna get clear tubing as well, and will be filled with ORANGE water for maximum awesomeness.

I am gonna make the GPU's into a single loop with 2 rads, and the CPU is just gonna stay as it is.. kinda..

11FO014-1-p.jpg

5-500x500.jpg

Both will go into this, which is gonna sit in the front of the case of course! If i can, and is not too much of a bother, i'm gonna paint the blue ''fan'' green instead, to match the color scheme better.

I have an XFX PRO Semi-modular PSU, 850W XXX ed. which i am gonna fully sleeve in, you guessed it, orange + green!

er_photo_184177_52.jpg

And that is gonna have this:

cb006-1-p.jpg
B9cI9vTuIb_braidspool-green-350.jpg

I'm not sure about the color-combination yet, but that will come sooner or later! This part i'm assuming is gonna take a while!

I need some cool fans also, so i decided to go with these! 4 green fans, and 2 orange fans, for the single-rads.

Aerocool_Shark_120mm_Evil_Black_Edition_

13294_0.jpg

And of course i have bought a ton of different UV-lights to light it all up!  ;)

I hope this seem like a cool build, and i will update this thread when i start on the build, which is gonna be within a week i think! 

EDIT 1

Coolers have been sandpapered, a little =)

20130428203243.jpg

20130428203222.jpg

20130428201630.jpg

20130428195610.jpg

20130428195437.jpg

20130428195243.jpg

20130428195135.jpg

20130428195000.jpg

20130429194520.jpg

20130429202200.jpg

...And then a Wild Case appeared!!!

Something arrived in my Mail...

20130430203544.jpg

20130505001057.jpg

I'm done iuntil i get some more needed modding :) (Also, i broke my pin-removal tool, dang it!)

Im liking the toxic theme! good luck for the build!

looking forward to seeing this go on! :) nice to see some different colors! :)

(Comming soon)

Thanks! I really love the color-combination of green + orange, so i had to do it!  :D

This system looks incredible! Love to see in it the making!!

Production Control, Fish Keeper, Lover of Audio

Looks nice! Update soon!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Looking forward, i'll keep a close look on this

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Excuse me if I'm being an idiot, but where are the coolers going? As you can only have 1 cooler on a CPU

Production Control, Fish Keeper, Lover of Audio

Excuse me if I'm being an idiot, but where are the coolers going? As you can only have 1 cooler on a CPU

He's reusing one of the rads I think

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Im putting them on my GPU's, with custom brackets i'm waiting for!  ;)

-And i'm gonna make them both into 1 loop.

Support brackets? If so then where!!!

Here -> http://triptcc.com/product/basic-bracket/

You're welcome :)

Thanks! So wait which will you cool? The Zotac or MSI?

i did this once and after a while the pumps started to fail. keep them all on their own loop. i know its not going to look that good. why buy 3 separate coolers when you could have put that money in to a full custom loop?

Thanks! So wait which will you cool? The Zotac or MSI?

I'm sorry if the post is confusing. But i'm planning on having both of them cooled!

say WHHHAAAATT? with one cooler?!

i did this once and after a while the pumps started to fail. keep them all on their own loop. i know its not going to look that good. why buy 3 separate coolers when you could have put that money in to a full custom loop?

I'm pretty sure it will work out. Really can't see why it shouldn't, unless you're doing something wrong  :)

I didn't buy 3 seperate coolers. I magically got myself 2 for FREE (through work), and the 3rd one is the one cooling my CPU atm.

2 rads

Awesome! Hope it goes well and get heatsings and fans for the VRAM!

Awesome! Hope it goes well and get heatsings and fans for the VRAM!

Already ordered, just not mentioned here ;)

I'm planning on doing a green build in this case soon so I'm keen to see how your toxic theme comes along. Good luck, will be sure to check back for updates :).

Looks promising.. liking the colors you've chosen, cant wait to see what the finish look like.

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

I'm planning on doing a green build in this case soon so I'm keen to see how your toxic theme comes along. Good luck, will be sure to check back for updates :).

Thanks, and please do, since I am expecting parts to arrive tomorrow already!

Looks promising.. liking the colors you've chosen, cant wait to see what the finish look like.

I decided to go with these because they are my favorite colors together, and I haven't seen a build like this before.

I'm kinda curious myself on how it's gonna look. My imagination tells me it looks awesome! :)