Contents of second monitor minimizing

MitchellHingley

Okay so I've hooked up a small tv to my laptop via hdmi as a second monitor until I build my tower pc and I have this issue where if I play a game in full screen, the second monitor goes automatically to the desktop. I dont want to turn it on borderless windowed for interaction, I simply want to see the content like discord or stram dashboard. Any ideas?

Check settings > display. Set the TV as your display 1 (Primary display).

Might do the trick

5 minutes ago, Moz-LJP said:

Check settings > display. Set the TV as your display 1 (Primary display).

Might do the trick

Ill try it out, but would this mean games would boot on the tv instead? The laptop is 4k 60hz, whereas the tv supports less than 1080p and has an awful refresh rate

Just now, MitchellHingley said:

Ill try it out, but would this mean games would boot on the tv instead? The laptop is 4k 60hz, whereas the tv supports less than 1080p and has an awful refresh rate

So wait, you want games running on the laptop display and other programs to run on the TV?

In that case, just drag them over to your second display and you should be fine?

2 hours ago, Moz-LJP said:

So wait, you want games running on the laptop display and other programs to run on the TV?

In that case, just drag them over to your second display and you should be fine?

It should be but its not. The second I load a game on my laptop screen and hit fullscreen, anything on the tv disappears. This is the reason I started the post

8 hours ago, MitchellHingley said:

It should be but its not. The second I load a game on my laptop screen and hit fullscreen, anything on the tv disappears. This is the reason I started the post

So you said that the second monitor returns to desktop, can you ALT+TAB out of the game and just bring the relevant programs back onto the TV screen?