Fractal Core 1000 Build

dalewakelin

Made this rig because i needed the extra power, does what i need and it is a shared computer. I use it for all my work etc like Cinema 4D, Photoshop and Premier. It is a bit messy inside but it isn't a show rig. The CPU cooler is massive and touches the side panel, really close call probably should have checked measurements before i got it but its in and fits luckily. I picked the Fractal Core 1000 because i have a Fractal Arc XL and it is awesome. The Core 1000 is crazy value for money as i got it for £20($33.17). Motherboard was the Gigabyte H81M S2PV which i chose because it was the cheapest and did what it needed, only £40($66.34). I know Gigabyte is good from my Sniper 5 which has so many features it is crazy. CPU i went for Intel Xeon 1230v3, doesn't need to be overclocked and is basically a 4770k just without the overclocking features. Ram i went for Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB, i might upgrade to 2x8GB but for now 8Gb total is fine. CPU cooler i went for Zalman CNPS10X, it is way bigger than i expected but it means i can run the fan really slow, the CPU never gets hot even on full load. Because of the ram i couldn't fit the standard fan so i got a 120mm Fractal fan that was originally in the front of the case then i put a 140mm in the front with zip ties. Graphics, i went for a 570, it is more than half the price of a 670 and only has 15% less performance. I don't know what model 570 but i know its MSI. It is hearable on high load but usually it is silent. Power i went for Fractal Design Newton R3 600W. I already have one in another rig so why not get another. Storage, i have 128GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB 2.5" HDD, i think it is seagate. I also have a 300GB HDD in a Scythe Himuro. i don't use the DVD RW drive so i may just take it out, only used it for installing OS. Well thats it, thanks for looking.

946035_orig.jpg

5416115_orig.jpg

5671200_orig.jpg

4183376_orig.jpg

Nice!

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Where did you find a 570?

Ebay £74.05($122.80) just search around you can probably get them cheaper.

Whats it with the eye fish lens  :P

Nice setup you got there

Nice, but could you post some better pics please? Also what speakers are those?

Believe it or not the photos where taken at night looks pretty light though, ill take some during the day and you might actually be able to see inside the rig. The speakers are these but with different drivers that i got from some Panasonic speakers that had messed up cases.

Whats it with the eye fish lens  :P

Nice setup you got there

GoPro  :P

Thanks

Nice build, how much did you pay for the Xeon, compared to a 4770k and why did u go with it? Just curious... Cool build though and +1 on that case for value

OnePlus 6T

Nice build, how much did you pay for the Xeon, compared to a 4770k and why did u go with it? Just curious... Cool build though and +1 on that case for value

They are the same processor, and they are a bit cheaper. 

Also you are more baller if you tell your friends you have a Xeon.

£50 cheaper and it does the same job really, sure you cant overclock but they are more efficient and can turbo to 3.7Ghz which is alright. They dont have the iGPU so they run much cooler too which means i can run fans lower.

They are the same processor, and they are a bit cheaper. 

Also you are more baller if you tell your friends you have a Xeon.

The Hipster CPU  :lol: