Build specs - Is it the best for the budget?

Cazzasim

HI,

I am in the middle of ordering some components. For around a budget of $600, below is what i have managed to group together to get some decent gaming it would be nice for any advice if these would be the best for the price range :/ or if there are any alternatives that would be better within the budget. What do you think?

(PS - There is no case as i will be building this into a wall mounted folding table. Space as an issue at my house :/)

Graphics Card - RX 570 1286MHz, 8gb GDDR5 ($130)

Memory - HyperX Predator 3200MHz, DDR4 2 x 8gb ($87)

Motherboard - MSI B450 Gaming plus max ($92)

Storage - Silicon Power PCIe M.z NVMe SSD 512GB Gen3x4 R/W upto 2,200/1, 600MB/s Intenal SSD ($55)

Power - Thermaltake Smart RGB 80+ WHITE 600W ($45)

CPU - AMD Ryzon 7 2700 with Wraith Spire RGB LED Cooler ($133)

What do you think? any changes or suggestions

I would switch the Ryzen 2700 for a 2600 to save few bucks and then buy a better GPU like a GTX 1660 Super. 

1 minute ago, Viper9 said:

I would switch the Ryzen 2700 for a 2600 to save few bucks and then buy a better GPU like a GTX 1660 Super. 

To add on to this, If you're buying a Ryzen 5 2600, keep in mind that AMD is now making the Ryzen 5 1600 on the 12nm process, and it's basically a 2600 with a different name. (GamersNexus has a good video about this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRO_AUdmfis).

The 1600 is usually a cheaper CPU, so that could save some money.

However, you should ensure that you’re getting the updated version, with a SKU ending in “AF” instead of “AE”

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

16 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

13 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

To add on to this, If you're buying a Ryzen 5 2600, keep in mind that AMD is now making the Ryzen 5 1600 on the 12nm process, and it's basically a 2600 with a different name. (GamersNexus has a good video about this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRO_AUdmfis).

The 1600 is usually a cheaper CPU, so that could save some money.

However, you should ensure that you’re getting the updated version, with a SKU ending in “AF” instead of “AE”

Thanks! - Advise taken, i have gone with the Ryzon 5 2600. Would you say the graphics card i have listed above would do or would you definitely change this to something else? 

The GTX 1660 Super would push the price up evan with the CPU Change. So Evan if there was an in between? :D If not ill need to pay a bit extra as i like what i'm seeing with the GTX 1660 Super lol

Just now, Cazzasim said:

Thanks! - Advise taken, i have gone with the Ryzon 5 2600. Would you say the graphics card i have listed above would do or would you definitely change this to something else? 

The GTX 1660 Super would push the price up evan with the CPU Change. So Evan if there was an in between? :D If not ill need to pay a bit extra as i like what i'm seeing with the GTX 1660 Super lol

1660 Super is a good GPU. If you want a slight upgrade over the 570 then the 580 is the natural next choice, but it's not a huge upgrade.

I'd recommend getting the 1660 Super.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

1660 Super is a good GPU. If you want a slight upgrade over the 570 then the 580 is the natural next choice, but it's not a huge upgrade.

I'd recommend getting the 1660 Super.

Sweet ill get the GTX then. Its defiantly the better choice from what i have seen. Thanks for the recommendation :D