Silver Kill-Coils void the warranty on Koolance & EK WB's??

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

According to DazMode's info for killcoils, they void the warranty on those brands' blocks:

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/uber_pure_killcoil_99_9991_silver_wire_0_25mm_-_250mm/

with EK it can (first hand 'sperience). they'll test for silver oxide and can deny your warranty.

According to DazMode's info for killcoils, they void the warranty on those brands' blocks:

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/uber_pure_killcoil_99_9991_silver_wire_0_25mm_-_250mm/

Corsair Obsidian 250D | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W | Asus Maximus VI Impact | Intel i7-4770k | Corsair h100i (with Noctua NF-F12) | G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8GB | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | WD Black 1TB | eVGA GTX Titan Black (+ ACX cooler)

Featured by NCIXEsther: Titan-Stuffed 250D

with EK it can (first hand 'sperience). they'll test for silver oxide and can deny your warranty.

for what reason?

for what reason?

can cause corrosion afaik.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

So do you use an additive/pre-mix instead?

Corsair Obsidian 250D | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W | Asus Maximus VI Impact | Intel i7-4770k | Corsair h100i (with Noctua NF-F12) | G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8GB | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | WD Black 1TB | eVGA GTX Titan Black (+ ACX cooler)

You don't need to add anything. most coolants come with everything needed. Adding coils can cause issues of gunk buildup/ blockages in the RAD/ Block.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

EK doesn't void warranty if silver coils are present in the loop, they discourage the use of silver with their nickel plated blocks but that's about it. Koolance, on the other hand, is strict about this and that's why my 380i is going to be the last block I ever buy from them unless they change their policies.

You don't need to add anything. most coolants come with everything needed. Adding coils can cause issues of gunk buildup/ blockages in the RAD/ Block.

My plan was to use distilled water and a killcoil. But my water-cooling parts were going to be mostly/all EK. I was going to get a kit, and it does include an additive (EK UV Blue). Not sure if I need another thread for this, but, if I use the UV-reactive additive, should I put in a UV light-source into my rig? The computer is not going to see any sunlight (the window it will sit by doesn't get any sun).