Razer Core V1 Not Detecting

Hackentosher
Go to solution Solved by Hackentosher,

That totally worked. I uninstalled the Thunderbolt utility, plugged the device back in, it reinstalled, and we're back baby! 

Now if you'd excuse me, I'll be that guy that marks their own comment as best answer.

Hello everyone, I've had a Razer Core V1 for about 6 months now. I bought it from a friend at the beginning of last semester to use as a docking station with my XPS 15 9570. I took the GTX 970 G1 Windforce out of my desktop from home and brought it with me. It wasn't a bad one cable solution setup while it was working, but when I got home today, it stopped. Usually the way it works is I plug in the thunderbolt cable, the RGB LEDS in the unit turn on, and my keyboard and mouse light up. The system then negotiates the GPU change from my XPS to the 970 and we're off to the races. However, today I got home, plugged in and it stopped working. When I plug in the cable, my computer recognizes a slow USB charger (normal), the LEDs on the GPU turn on, and the RGB turns on in the core starting with green, fading to teal, then to blue, and then fading to black. It's not sending power to USB, it's not connecting LAN, and there's no video going to my second monitor. 

I've tried rebooting my computer with and without the Core connected, I've tried unplugging the Core to let the caps drain then plugging it back in, I've tried another USB 3.1 cable (I don't have a spare Thunderbolt 3 cable) which got it to do the light dance but to no avail. I'm thinking it might be a thunderbolt driver issue, I just realized I should try uninstalling the thunderbolt application and going from there. When I try to launch the Thunderbolt app, it opens in the hidden icons tray and quickly disappears so my hunch is the problem lies there but I'm not sure. Any and all suggestions are welcome, thanks.

ASU

That totally worked. I uninstalled the Thunderbolt utility, plugged the device back in, it reinstalled, and we're back baby! 

Now if you'd excuse me, I'll be that guy that marks their own comment as best answer.

ASU