boy looking for a new love (a new PC)

Hello guys I am currently looking at option for the most baller rig i can build for $2000 with a screen but note i live in New Zealand and to be frank shit aint to cheap. thanks in advance for any replies.

Almost misleading title is almost misleading

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You can get a pretty ballet PC for that amount, I'm not going to make a list on PCPP as its 10:30 here but you might want to look into an R9 290/X, GTX 780/Ti, 4670K or 4770K. You might want o get a WD Black or Blue, a Seagate Barracuda would be a good option as well. You might want to get into water cooling for that price range, maybe if your confident a custom loop. Case is completely up to you, if you want watercooling galore, smexy exterior, good cable routing, size and all the other aspects. Just try and think of what you woul like to achieve with it and you'll get a better idea of what to get from that. Hope I helped out, if you have any questions fee free to ask.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Almost misleading title is almost misleading

Well said.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Do you plan to buy your parts online and ship them to New Zealand or buy them in New Zealand?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Rough guide. Tweak it to your liking.

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/2RSXx

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Damn, I thought Australia had it bad.

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/2RSYd - This is a little bit over the 2k budget but you could solve that by getting a different case/gpu/cpu (maybe a R9 280x) but this is a pretty nice PC, kinda skimped out on the Monitor a little but.. :P

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

Rough guide. Tweak it to your liking.

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/2RSXx

a 290 for 700$?

are you a madman?

just put a 780 in that instead of the 290.

NVM. Why the hell are GPU's so expensive in NZ?!

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

a 290 for 700$?

are you a madman?

A 780ti is $1000 In New Zealand. the R9 290 is best Price/Performance in this scenario.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

A 780ti is $1000 In New Zealand. the R9 290 is best Price/Performance in this scenario.

yeah I saw that, damn that stuff is expensive over there.

a 290 for 700$?

are you a madman?

NVM. Why the hell are GPU's so expensive in murica?!

Litecoin miners. At least where I live, the price is fixed. Where in the US, retailers just artificially jack up the price. YAY PRICE FLOOR.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Yeah, luckily for Australia you can still pick up a R9 290 with a custom cooler for $579. =D

[spoiler=]

Yeah, luckily for Australia you can still pick up a R9 290 with a custom cooler for $579. =D

yeah here too.

the mining craze is not s bad here.

NZD is worth less than USD, though.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

You can get a pretty ballet PC for that amount, I'm not going to make a list on PCPP as its 10:30 here but you might want to look into an R9 290/X, GTX 780/Ti, 4670K or 4770K. You might want o get a WD Black or Blue, a Seagate Barracuda would be a good option as well. You might want to get into water cooling for that price range, maybe if your confident a custom loop. Case is completely up to you, if you want watercooling galore, smexy exterior, good cable routing, size and all the other aspects. Just try and think of what you woul like to achieve with it and you'll get a better idea of what to get from that. Hope I helped out, if you have any questions fee free to ask.

'A pretty ballet PC'

Does it come with a tutu?

Sincerely,

My inner Grammar Nazi

'A pretty ballet PC'

Does it come with a tutu?

Sincerely,

My inner Grammar Nazi

I was thing more on the lines of HT, OCing and watercooling, but if you would like to sacrifice some airflow I could make it happen :).

I was thing more on the lines of HT, OCing and watercooling, but if you would like to sacrifice some airflow I could make it happen :).

Good, but make sure it's blue. Pink tutus are so 2012.

Hello guys I am currently looking at option for the most baller rig i can build for $2000 with a screen but note i live in New Zealand and to be frank shit aint to cheap. thanks in advance for any replies.

The Hyper 212 EVO is from PC Force. If I read the page correctly it is in stock.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($324.95 @ Computer Lounge)

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($59.00)

Motherboard:  Asus Z87M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($182.85 @ PB Technologies)

Memory:  G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($129.00 @ PC Force)

Storage:  Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($135.00 @ PC Force)

Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.00 @ PC Force)

Video Card:  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($549.95 @ Computer Lounge)

Case:  Fractal Design Define Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($139.95 @ Computer Lounge)

Power Supply:  Antec TruePower Classic 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($135.00 @ PC Force)

Monitor:  AOC i2367Fh 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($224.85 @ Aquila Technology)

Total: $1969.55

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-13 16:11 NZDT+1300)

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

so I just had a look problem is no one remembered i do need a screen and in relation to some of the comments preferably buy the parts in NZ but if there is a big I mean BIG price difference i will consider overseas. note i was looking for a i5 4670k and at least a 660ti or if i can 760. Thanks again :D