CPU Upgrade. Should I upgrade my Motherboard??

Go to solution Solved by boggy77,
1 minute ago, Maxisthemoose said:

Sorry, I forgot to specify that. I have a Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

same advice as above. update bios and you're good to go

So right now I have a Ryzen 5 1600x, and, don't get me wrong, it's a great CPU but I just feel like its time to upgrade it. Right now I am planing on getting a Ryzen 5 3600. I was just wondering if it was worth it to also upgrade the Motherboard to a current gen also. I wont be changing anything else OTHER than the CPU! Thanks for the advice in advance!

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

is this your current motherboard? Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

if yes, it will work fine with the 3600, just upgrade bios before.

all new 3600 builds recommend b450 boards, the x570 are too expensive if you don't need their features and it doesn't make sense to spend more on the motherboard than on the cpu

17 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

is this your current motherboard? Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

if yes, it will work fine with the 3600, just upgrade bios before.

all new 3600 builds recommend b450 boards, the x570 are too expensive if you don't need their features and it doesn't make sense to spend more on the motherboard than on the cpu

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

Just now, Maxisthemoose said:

I must have entered a wrong number sorry about that. Ill change it now

1 minute ago, Maxisthemoose said:

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

Alright thank you. I also cant seem to find how to edit the Signature. How would I do that?

5 minutes ago, Maxisthemoose said:

Alright thank you. I also cant seem to find how to edit the Signature. How would I do that?

account settings