Thermal paste on CPU pins (Ryzen 5 3600x)

Hey guys! Basically screwed up. Had to send my mobo in for RMA and decided to clean the thermal paste on top of the CPU after removing it from the socket (I know). A bit of the material found itself on the bottom side of the CPU, due to sticking to my fingers and what not. Did my best to clean it but it's really hard to get Isopropyl Alcohol where I live. Can I leave it like that, since it doesn't reach the top of the pins (photos attached) or are there going to be problems? This is the stock cooler paste, so I have no clue how electrically conductive it is. Also, could I use normal rubbing alcohol (45%) to clean it? Thanks in advance!

CPUpinscloseup.jpg

CPUpinscloseup2.jpg

CPUpinsfar.jpg

Lint free cloth that isn’t plastic (so it won’t build up static) and 99% alcohol 

then try to carefully whipe it away.

45% should be ok to BUT MAKE IT DRY before you try to boot

But should be fine like this. The important thing are the pins and they seem ok and free of TIM.

maybe try a cotton swab. But with as less as possible force to not bend or break pins.

is it the stock AMD paste? I think that’s not conductive 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

TBH it shoudn't hurt anything.

You can use electrical contact cleaner (Spray) such as the CRC brand to get rid of it without having to physically disturb the pins.

Easily found at a reputable auto parts store/chain or in someplace such as Lowe's.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Just now, Beerzerker said:

TBH it shoudn't hurt anything.

You can use electrical contact cleaner (Spray) such as the CRC brand to get rid of it without having to physically disturb the pins.

Easily found at a reputable auto parts store/chain or in someplace such as Lowe's.

Uh yeha that’s right! I use stuff from „Kontakt Chemie“ for my ride.

besindes that: 99% Alc can be found at manny drugstores around the world 

Use a cotton earpick with alcohol.

Contact cleaner is better if you have one.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Yeah - I normally grab a can from O'Reilys, thats where I find the CRC stuff.
Really need to get another one right now, my last can gave out a few weeks ago.

The OP can try it and see what happens, would also help if they spray from chip's center to chip's edge at each spot, pushing the TIM over and off the edge of the chip.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

Just now, Beerzerker said:

Yeah - I normally grab a can from O'Reilys, thats where I find the CRC stuff.
Really need to get another one right now, my last can gave out a few weeks ago.

The OP can try it and see what happens, would also help if they spray from chip's center to chip's edge at each spot, pushing the TIM over and off the edge of the chip.

I could try that, will update on results

you got an ohm meter?  check the resistance of that paste on something like a piece of wood or ?  The fact the paste is wet makes it suspect :(

2 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

you got an ohm meter?  check the resistance of that paste on something like a piece of wood or ?  The fact the paste is wet makes it suspect :(

nah most pastes are based on oils and silicon stuff. Wett is not the same as conductive :) 

That's correct, oil for example can make it look wet but in truth it's not, nor does it make it more conductive.

If anyone is interested, I couldn't find Isopropyl Alcohol in any drugstore in my city (I live in Brazil), and I feared using the 45% one. So I got a really small sowing needle and managed to "scrape" most of it. I didn't bend any pins or scratch the surface below them. I'll keep trying to remove it completely before my new MB arrives though

23 minutes ago, thebeastman said:

If anyone is interested, I couldn't find Isopropyl Alcohol in any drugstore in my city (I live in Brazil), and I feared using the 45% one. So I got a really small sowing needle and managed to "scrape" most of it. I didn't bend any pins or scratch the surface below them. I'll keep trying to remove it completely before my new MB arrives though

as long as you dont completely rise it AND let it dry of properly 45% will also be fine.

But interesting to have no 99% in Brazil.