JBL Boombox vs Harman Kardon GO + Play

Which is better between Harman Kardon GO+ Play and JBL Boombox? 

6 hours ago, ZixteE said:

Which is better between Harman Kardon GO+ Play and JBL Boombox? 

I know this isn't helpful at all, but you cannot trust any opinions or reviews when it comes to speakers. You have to try them yourself. 

I personally have one of those tiny JBL Bluetooth speakers (the one shaped like a cylinder with two speakers on each side), and it's very good considering the price and size. I am just uncertain if the Harman Kardon GO+ is better because I haven't tried it. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

I know this isn't helpful at all, but you cannot trust any opinions or reviews when it comes to speakers. You have to try them yourself. 

I personally have one of those tiny JBL Bluetooth speakers (the one shaped like a cylinder with two speakers on each side), and it's very good considering the price and size. I am just uncertain if the Harman Kardon GO+ is better because I haven't tried it. 

To expand on this, everyone has different tastes when it comes to sound. What sounds good to one person may sound terrible to another.

About all you can get from reviews is how well made the speakers are, how long they last, and if they have any glaring problems or not, such as incompatibility issues, weird rattles, poor life, etc.

Also beware of evaluations from audio snobs audiophiles. Many, if not most, of them have preconceived notions of what makes a good sound system and are often not open to innovation. I remember how the Corsair 2500 "Gaming" speakers got such a bad rap from audiophiles. The only mistakes Corsair made with them was not making the sub and amp module durable enough for the idiots who like to vibrate the walls with bass and marketing them as gaming speakers (call something gaming and you could jack up the price) when they were far better as music speakers when paired up with a good DAC or sound card. The audiophiles swore up and down there was no way they could sound good because they "broke the rules" of how a speaker system should be made without ever having heard them themselves.

So, again, you will have to listen to them yourself and decide which you like better.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

9 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

To expand on this, everyone has different tastes when it comes to sound. What sounds good to one person may sound terrible to another. About all you can get from reviews is how well made the speakers are, how long they last, and if they have any glaring problems or not, such as incompatibility issues, weird rattles, poor life, etc.

I think that JBL nailed it with their portable Bluetooth speakers. They're rugged and perform well. Even compared to Bose speakers which cost a lot more. In contrast, any portable SONY speaker I tried distorted at high volumes and sounded bad. 

(I know audiophiles shrug at Bose, but they're the best at making small cheap speakers sound good with "magic" and upcharge the end user for it.) 

Just now, kokakolia said:

I think that JBL nailed it with their portable Bluetooth speakers. They're rugged and perform well. Even compared to Bose speakers which cost a lot more. In contrast, any portable SONY speaker I tried distorted at high volumes and sounded bad. 

(I know audiophiles shrug at Bose, but they're the best at making small cheap speakers sound good with "magic" and upcharge the end user for it.) 

Bose does make good speakers but they are way overpriced for what you do get. Bose tried to capitalize on the reputation they had years ago without making any improvements beyond what others started doing at a lower price and, now, you don't hear as much about them as you used to.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!