Front Panel Input/Output Not Working

First post warning:

I recently built the pc listed in my signature (Win10 Pro-64bit, BIOS is the latest available) for day-to-day office work and occasional free-time gaming. It’s been running well with two problems to note. First has been sharp CPU temperature fluctuations – but I’ve discovered this is common in Ryzen CPUs via forum search. Second problem is regarding front panel I/O:

All output via front audio-out sounds terrible (it’s there, but it sounds heavily processed and only contains background parts of music), and one of the USB ports fails to recognize anything or power a device. The other front-panel USB port successfully powered my XBone controller and transferred data at expected speeds. I’ve not yet tried the microphone input.

How would one determine the source of the problem between the motherboard and the case? Or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance for all input,
Jordan

Case: Silverstone ML08B-H  l  Motherboard: ASUS ROG-strix B450i  l  CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600  l  RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200  l  GPU: AMD RX5700 Reference Card by XFX  l  PSU: Corsair SF450 80+ Platinum  l  SSD: Crucial MX500 M.2  l  HDD: Seagate Firecuda 2TB 

23 minutes ago, jordanb450 said:

First post warning:

I recently built the pc listed in my signature (Win10 Pro-64bit, BIOS is the latest available) for day-to-day office work and occasional free-time gaming. It’s been running well with two problems to note. First has been sharp CPU temperature fluctuations – but I’ve discovered this is common in Ryzen CPUs via forum search. Second problem is regarding front panel I/O:

All output via front audio-out sounds terrible (it’s there, but it sounds heavily processed and only contains background parts of music), and one of the USB ports fails to recognize anything or power a device. The other front-panel USB port successfully powered my XBone controller and transferred data at expected speeds. I’ve not yet tried the microphone input.

How would one determine the source of the problem between the motherboard and the case? Or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance for all input,
Jordan

Well, I would make sure the cables are on correct and all the way on, idk about audio but USB 3.0 has been a demon to me in the past.

Current Gaming build:

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz 15-17-17-35

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2080

Graphics Card Cooler: EVGA XC Ultra Gaming
Storage: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Blue
PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750W
Case: Corsair 460x Black
Case Cooling: A mix and match of fans ?