HyperX Cloud 2 Mic causing constant buzzing for others in voice chat

So I recently started facing an issue with my Hyperx Cloud 2, which I had been using for over 2 years now. 

Whenever I used mic, there was a constant buzzing noise that my friends heard when I was talking to them on Discord or in-game.

The volume of the noise would get increased if I raised the mic volume. Lowering the mic volume would also reduce the noise. Also, I noticed that if I removed the mic, the noise was not there anymore, but it would come back as soon as I connected the mic back.

I tried updating firmware, audio drivers etc. but nothing worked.

I repair cameras and lenses for a living, and suddenly I thought of cleaning the contacts of the mic and its port (some particular problems in DSLRs and lenses are do get resolved by this). So, I poured 1 drop of lens-cleaning ethanol on the mic jack (the part of the mic that goes into the headphones) and then inserted the mic. Then I removed and re-inserted the mic 3-4 times and VOILA, IT WORKED!

I know I am posting the topic with the problem and solution both, but when I was searching for possible solutions for this issue, I could not find this method mentioned anywhere.