Car stereo no sound HELP

adnartion

Hey, i know this site isn`t usually for car stuff but i seem to have a problem with my speakers and sub in my car or rater the whole stereo. 

it worked perfectly earlier today, but when i started the car when i was leaving for a friend of mine the stereo was totaly silent, not a sound, no buzz no nothing,

exept sometimes there is this really loud bang, then a burning type of smell. is it most likley that it is a lose/ burned of wire somewhere or might it be a grounding issue.

i know that my amplifier gets power since it lights upp properly but from there everything is dead.

please help, i really hope it isnt ruined. spent to much money on it already. 

thank you in advance and sorry for my poor explaintation and english.

A blown capacitor? if they blow it will send power to the speakers for a short second, and if it was a burning smell it could have been that or 2 un-properly seated wires shorted out eachother

It can also be some wires shorting each other out..

You should recheck all your wiring and make sure there isn't any exposed wires making contact with each other or the chassis of the car.(only ground wires should be touching chassis)

That popping noise you here can be some loose speaker or power wires tapping each other every time you hit a bump or sharp curve.

And if you added the speakers yourself did you secure them or screw them in??! i had a similar problem and it's was because i threw some speakers in (that weren't for my car) and was to lazy to modify 

so i left them free and as the speakers shifted around they were shorted by the metal in my trunk.!

Check the fuses & see if they're not blown. Did you do the headunit install yourself or did a previous owner/professional do it?

I am going to check for wire chortages today and hope to god thats it. I didnt install the system my uncle did and he does it for a living. The speakers, sub anf amplifier are all boltet or screwed in place and every wire is fastened with cable ties. Shall be interesting to see what is wrong when my uncle looks at it today :) thanks for the feedback :)

Did the power come out of the amplifier and ground itself? Is the ground properly installed? If anything happened more than likely you should be fine as long as you have fuses. Check those and get back to us.

Just out of curiosity what gear are you running? I have a single Fi SSD 12'' in a 2.5 cubic ft box tuned to 35hz. It's on a Soundqubed 1200D

well i had an JBL GTO 504 and it looks like it didnt like my new speakers, there is no power coming out if the ports anymore. they are all dead but my fuses are all fine, the AMP even smells fried x) soo loks like i have to geta  new amp any recommendations? will get back to you guys on the speakers just know there are 2 in the front 350w 2 in the back 550w and a 12" jbl sub dont remeber the watt/rms on the sub