Basic graphics for a Ryzen 5 3600 or Ryzen & 3700X

Ratan Singh

Hi all. I am trying to build a PC. I am a front-end developer so I need a good PC for the same and have no intentions to play games on it. I need a good CPU because I will be running a local server in it. So far I have come up with this configuration can any of you comment on this? 

I wanted to use a good graphics card that can push 1080p graphics for only display purpose Also I will use it to watch movies. Can I get a suggestion on the same? Every where I searched for builds, I only came across gaming builds with expensive graphics cards.  Budget is less than 700 US dollars.

Processor: Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
SSD: WD Green 480GB SSD
RAM: Corsair 3000Mhz RAM(8GBx2)
Cabinet: Corsair Spec 05 cabinet
PSU: Corsair CX550 power supply

GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce GT 710 2GB GDDR5 64-bit DirectX 12 Low Profile Graphic Card (GT 710 2GD5 LP)

Any suggestion will help. TIA.

1 minute ago, Ratan Singh said:

Budget is less than 700 US dollars.

700 for whole build? 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Just now, Whiro said:

700 for whole build? 

I have monitor, keyboard and mouse. This is only for the CPU.

35 minutes ago, Ratan Singh said:

Hi all. I am trying to build a PC. I am a front-end developer so I need a good PC for the same and have no intentions to play games on it. I need a good CPU because I will be running a local server in it. So far I have come up with this configuration can any of you comment on this? 

I wanted to use a good graphics card that can push 1080p graphics for only display purpose Also I will use it to watch movies. Can I get a suggestion on the same? Every where I searched for builds, I only came across gaming builds with expensive graphics cards.  Budget is less than 700 US dollars.

Processor: Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
SSD: WD Green 480GB SSD
RAM: Corsair 3000Mhz RAM(8GBx2)
Cabinet: Corsair Spec 05 cabinet
PSU: Corsair CX550 power supply

GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce GT 710 2GB GDDR5 64-bit DirectX 12 Low Profile Graphic Card (GT 710 2GD5 LP)

Any suggestion will help. TIA.

that's a very good price for all this...if you don't plan on running multiple high resolution monitors, and don't need GPU for processing what so ever...it's great.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

31 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

that's a very good price for all this...if you don't plan on running multiple high resolution monitors, and don't need GPU for processing what so ever...it's great.

But without a graphics card, Ryzen processors wont be of use right? Because they don't have a iGPU unless its an APU like Ryzen 5 3400G. Please correct me if I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, Ratan Singh said:

But without a graphics card, Ryzen processors wont be of use right? Because they don't have a iGPU unless its an APU like Ryzen 5 3400G. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct. Do check the connections on the gpu though, if youre using more than 1 monitor or have specific cable needs, its worth checking which ports the gpu has. If the only need is to use a single 1080p monitor as display, almost any gpu will suffice. 

6 minutes ago, Iovl123 said:

Correct. Do check the connections on the gpu though, if youre using more than 1 monitor or have specific cable needs, its worth checking which ports the gpu has. If the only need is to use a single 1080p monitor as display, almost any gpu will suffice. 

Ok good. I have chosen a MSI one which has both HDMI and VGA ports. The monitor that I am using supports both ports. So thats not an issue.

1 minute ago, Ratan Singh said:

Ok good. I have chosen a MSI one which has both HDMI and VGA ports. The monitor that I am using supports both ports. So thats not an issue.

Might be worth it to pay abit extra and get a display port, most newer monitor have display port and hdmi, but you wont be restricted to hdmi only monitors

1 minute ago, Iovl123 said:

Might be worth it to pay abit extra and get a display port, most newer monitor have display port and hdmi, but you wont be restricted to hdmi only monitors

What do you mean by buying a display port? I have this Samsung monitor. Will I get any issues?

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-23-5-inch-Curved-Monitor/dp/B01GFPGHSM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=samsung+monitor&qid=1578549588&sr=8-3

3 minutes ago, Ratan Singh said:

What do you mean by buying a display port? I have this Samsung monitor. Will I get any issues?

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-23-5-inch-Curved-Monitor/dp/B01GFPGHSM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=samsung+monitor&qid=1578549588&sr=8-3

I believe what he meant is gpu with dp . And you will be fine with that monitor.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

I did mean a gpu with dp, sorry for not being clear. For the current monitor you will be fine, however note that new monitors dont support VGA anymore, for the future it might be worth putting a couple more dollars towards a gpu with hdmi+dp. If its too much money for the dp gpu, just buy the one you wanted. 

If your really not going for gaming high-end performance then why not try something like and rx580/rx590, tons of them out there used around me and some of the miners took care of their equipment and now are offloading rx580's for ~$100usd. really depends on your area

46 minutes ago, Whiro said:

I believe what he meant is gpu with dp . And you will be fine with that monitor.

Ok thanks

41 minutes ago, Iovl123 said:

I did mean a gpu with dp, sorry for not being clear. For the current monitor you will be fine, however note that new monitors dont support VGA anymore, for the future it might be worth putting a couple more dollars towards a gpu with hdmi+dp. If its too much money for the dp gpu, just buy the one you wanted. 

Makes sense. Thank you for all the help.

30 minutes ago, Esper22 said:

If your really not going for gaming high-end performance then why not try something like and rx580/rx590, tons of them out there used around me and some of the miners took care of their equipment and now are offloading rx580's for ~$100usd. really depends on your area

Sadly, I dont get mining cards around me. That was actually my first option. But couldn't get my hands on one. I am from India. Not many miners here.