Need help setting up aoc g2590fx

AgentAY

So I just got a new monitor (the aoc g2590fx) and I love it but the image isn’t full screen, and in the monitor control panel, image setup is grayed out. Anyone know what to do to make it full screen?

image.jpg

It's actually full screen already.  The blacked out area is the frame of the monitor.  AOC extends the glass over the frame to make it appear more seamless (Acer and others do the same thing).

As far as the image setup, this is sometimes grayed out when a digital cable is used.  When plugged in through VGA (analog), the options may show up.

3 minutes ago, VIVO-US said:

It's actually full screen already.  The blacked out area is the frame of the monitor.  AOC extends the glass over the frame to make it appear more seamless (Acer and others do the same thing).

As far as the image setup, this is sometimes grayed out when a digital cable is used.  When plugged in through VGA (analog), the options may show up.

Dang the amazon page was misleading then, thank you tho! I was worried something was going wrong?

3 minutes ago, AgentAY said:

Dang the amazon page was misleading then, thank you tho! I was worried something was going wrong?

Yup, that's marketing for you!  Going through actual user photos, the black frame shows up the same way as what you've found.

Just now, VIVO-US said:

Yup, that's marketing for you!  Going through actual user photos, the black frame shows up the same way as what you've found.

Dang.. I got it for only 160$ so I’m not complaining. It’s miles better than my old one. Thank you for your help!