Building a new PC for VR

I'm looking to build a new PC for VR and 4k gaming. I'm an IT professional so am comfortable building a rig, although it has been a while! 

My main goal is to have a PC that will run upcoming games such as Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk 2077 well, and if possible in 4K, as well as being able to run the latest VR games in 120hz on a Valve Index.

Upgradability is very important and I would like the opportunity for overclocking so ventilation is also an important factor. I feel like I've done my research but these are two areas which I'll admit I could use a little help (not sure how future proof a B540 Mobo is??)

Any tips would be fantastic, here is the parts list I have put together: 

My location is UK and my budget is as close to £1000 as possible although there is some room for compromise there if the performance gains make it justifiable.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Rmarrtyr
Added location and budget

Got ir more in line with your budget. Faster ram, higher capacity ssd to put some games on it as well, better psu, better cooled gpu. The mobo is cheaper but as good as the tomahawk. The case is cheaper, but has good airflow. The3600x isn't worth more than £10 over the 3600.

9 hours ago, boggy77 said:

Got ir more in line with your budget. Faster ram, higher capacity ssd to put some games on it as well, better psu, better cooled gpu. The mobo is cheaper but as good as the tomahawk. The case is cheaper, but has good airflow. The3600x isn't worth more than £10 over the 3600.

Thanks for your reply! Would you say that NAND storage isn't worth the money compared to a SATA SSD?

31 minutes ago, Rmarrtyr said:

Thanks for your reply! Would you say that NAND storage isn't worth the money compared to a SATA SSD?

for gaming only, you won't notice the difference. you'll have maybe 20-30% faster loading times in games. that will translate to a few seconds, as ssd's are already much faster than hdd's. what's more, the mx500 has a 1tb dram cache that will help a lot with loading times.

at the same time, the sx8200 is one of the best nvme ssd's for only a few pounds more.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/kVzkcf/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-512-gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-asx8200pnp-512gt-c