Snow Days

NameOfNoInterest

Where I live, snow is rare. The record of snow days I've had in a year? 1. This year I've had 3 (so far) and we have tomorrow, Thursday, and probably Friday. Does it snow a lot where you live or is it rare?

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

You're lucky to even have snowdays. Over here in Toronto where snow is so common, we don't even get one.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Yes,of course it snows here.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

usually yes, this year only for like a week.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Where I live, snow is rare. The record of snow days I've had in a year? 1. This year I've had 3 (so far) and we have tomorrow, Thursday, and probably Friday. Does it snow a lot where you live or is it rare?

in canada, where i live, sometimes we get 30cm and there is still school...

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Naw, in Connecticut we have over a foot of snow outside right now from last week. It's supposed to snow again on Thursday.

I figure we get less snow days than other places because snow is common every winter and we have the plows and stuff to deal with it. (Last week it started snowing around 10AM and most schools in the state had half days or no school but we had a full day. The bus ride home was interesting.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I live in the south of sweden and it snows a few times a winter but most of the time it is "troll" snow that dissapears over night or its thin ice that melts as it hits the ground.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Usually it only snows once every 3rd year in Texas (roughly). It hasn't snowed here yet. Mostly sleet and frozen rain. 

It snowed on Easter once (3 years ago).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

last week i went to school monday and tuesday the rest were snow days, and yesterday and today we had 2 hour delays, so far heres how its been for me~

Due to the closing of school on January 7, 8, 9, 10, 20, 21, 27, 28, February 3, 5, 6, and 7, 2014, HCCSC will be making up those days on the following dates: February 21, March 14, April 21, May 29, 30, June 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10, 2014 which will be the last student day. The last teacher day will now be Wednesday, June 11, 2014.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

We haven't had a snow day in over forty years, we've become used to -30 days. It was actually -45 a few days ago, they cancelled buses but school still ran.

Snow days? Haven't heard of such a thing here. I can stay at home when the temps are below -25° Celsius, snow doesn't matter. 

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Dude even if it's -50C and 3 metres of snow we still go to school... USA gets 1mm of snow = no school -_-

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Hard for me to imagine. They canceled from less than an inch

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

here in good old MIchigan, we dont close unless its under -20*F. snow is no problem. this winter has been bad, and its been about 14-18inches of snow on the ground all winter. you cant walk where its not plowed. it sucks. for school being closed, there hasnt been any "snow days" just cold days. theres been days students literally couldnt drive because of the snow