Looking for desktop for audio editing

Teradore

So a friend of mine called and asked me to help him put together a PC build, hes focus on video and audio with some light gaming. hes a film student focusing on audio. I'm no expert on putting together a PC but i did mostly build my own pc so I can help him build it with a little extra research. but if he decides to go with a pre build, what would you recommend? and what components for a custom build. Should he get a sound card or just stick with the one in the mother board? thanks guys!

Edit: Sorry We are located in the US, not sure if he needs monitor and keyboards and stuff. his budget is $1500

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic 

For a multimedia and editing rig you should look at something with lots of cores and processing power, its a balance between what you want and the budget available, also most modern high end m/boards have really good onboard sound, then the person can easy upgrade later to getting a dedicated sound card if required, but for the initial build i would say invest in a good m/board, like Z series or X series chipsets. 

AMD is back in competition with Intel now so it comes down to preference, first and important factors people need to know basics to do a build list.

- Budget

- Location / country (so we can work out currency using and places to get components from)

- do they have peripherals like monitor / keyboard / mouse etc

- preferences to size / format of the case and motherboard

- preferences to colour scheme / manufactures used

- air or liquid cooled

that would give people an idea to work from. 

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

Budget?

40 minutes ago, Frayia said:

For a multimedia and editing rig you should look at something with lots of cores and processing power, its a balance between what you want and the budget available, also most modern high end m/boards have really good onboard sound, then the person can easy upgrade later to getting a dedicated sound card if required, but for the initial build i would say invest in a good m/board, like Z series or X series chipsets. 

AMD is back in competition with Intel now so it comes down to preference, first and important factors people need to know basics to do a build list.

- Budget

- Location / country (so we can work out currency using and places to get components from)

- do they have peripherals like monitor / keyboard / mouse etc

- preferences to size / format of the case and motherboard

- preferences to colour scheme / manufactures used

- air or liquid cooled

that would give people an idea to work from. 

Sorry I updated with budget and stuff. no preference when i comes to cooling but probably air as its easier to manage. size and color are un-important as well. no preferences on manufacturer. all the other questions are answered in the edit of the post i think. it is worth mentioning that he is SUPER picky about audio as well. so if a slightly better sound card can be worked in i thing he would appreciate that.

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic