New Build Cooling/Fan Questions

VashRixu

Hello, 

I just recently built a PC, all the parts were compatible with PCpartpicker and it's running fine so far with temperatures. The GPU stays in the 60s (C) mostly so far. I just have a few questions.

Here is the build for reference: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kRYDZf

I have two exhaust fans--facing out the back and one out the top, and one intake fan in the front. I was planning to add one more intake fan, but heard a lot of confusing/conflicting info about this case not needing intake fans and also about negative vs. positive pressure (which I don't fully understand though I watched multiple videos about it). I want to obviously keep the case cool but also avoid too much dust getting inside, and I'm already seeing a collection of dust. Any suggestions about case fan setup?

Second question is about the CPU cooler--it's very close to the RAM, and I am wondering if it's too close/will cause problems later on. (See photos). If there are any other possible issues I've missed please let me know as well. Apologies for anything left out of my post as it's my first time posting and building a PC.

Thank you all in advance! 

IMG_0076.JPEG

IMG_0077.JPEG

IMG_0075.JPEG

@VashRixu The CPU Cooler shouldn't cause any problems with your RAM. And more intake is generally recommended so if you want, you can move 1 fan from the back to the front and check temps

CPU: i5-4590 | CPU Cooler: SPC Spartan LT HE922 | MOBO: ASRock H87 Fatal1ty | GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 3GB | RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz | SSD: MX500 1TB | Case: SPC Armis AR7X | PSU: XFX TS550W | Custom Cables: Phanteks Extension Kit (White)

You shouldn't worry about the RAM being too close to the CPU cooler, as it can adequately cool itself just with the general airflow in the case.

Speaking of airflow, if there's anything I'd change in your rig, I'd probably move the top exhaust to the front as an intake. That'd get you positive air pressure inside the case, which is pretty much the best thing you could do to limit dust build-up, except for having filtered intakes.

Also that's some pretty clean cable management, especially considering it's your first time building a PC, great job!

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up adding another intake fan to the front--so there is an equal amount of intake/exhaust. Would I actually be better off having 2 intake and 1 exhaust?

6 hours ago, VashRixu said:

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up adding another intake fan to the front--so there is an equal amount of intake/exhaust. Would I actually be better off having 2 intake and 1 exhaust?

2 and 2 should work well

Thank you all. Here's what it looks like now.

also...anyone have any tips on a stuck pixel? Just noticed one and it's bumming me out. I can still return the monitor so I am good, but wondered if the programs like UDpixel really work. I tried using that and also tried turning off the screen and applying pressure to the spot but no luck yet.

Thanks.

60023329696__C71166B3-390B-4EC0-96F9-956D5D74F3BB.JPG

IMG_0099.JPEG