Mini ITX build.

Ssmoosh

Hello all, 

Here is the list of parts that I am considering for a mini ITX build and just want any input before I pull the trigger. 

CPU: I want this CPU to stay the same.

Motherboard: I am not really attached to this motherboard if someone comes up with a better one in its price range for an ITX build.

Memory: The price is really good for a 3600 which is why I chose it.

Storage: Good and fast storage.

Video card: I don't wanna go above this price range without going for a 2080ti.

Case: I think this case looks sick so that's why I chose it, but if there is a better recordation than I am all ears.

Power supply: It gets the job done, I wanna leave room in case I want to upgrade or add components like more fans, a CPU liquid cooler if I upgrade the case, and other SSD hard drives.

Edited by Ssmoosh

No glaring issues as far as I can see :)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What's this system for?

Gaming, recording gameplay, some editing, and maybe some streaming. 

1 minute ago, Ssmoosh said:

Gaming, recording gameplay, some editing, and maybe some streaming. 

Change the SSD to an EX920 or EX950, and motherboard to a B450 board.

Gaming Plus AC will do fine.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

It looks good. You might want to budget for some Corsair mag lev fans. The h210 doesn’t have much sound deadening. 

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

It looks good. You might want to budget for some Corsair mag lev fans. The h210 doesn’t have much sound deadening. 

Or airflow

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Or airflow

Would the Lian Li TU150 be better for airflow once fans get put in?

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Or airflow

Also, this error pops up when I put in that motherboard. "Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions." Does this mean that I would have to upgrade a part of the system or something?

3 minutes ago, Ssmoosh said:

Would the Lian Li TU150 be better for airflow once fans get put in?

Fairly better. GPU temperatures will be better.

I might also take a look at a Define Nano S.

3 minutes ago, Ssmoosh said:

Also, this error pops up when I put in that motherboard. "Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions." Does this mean that I would have to upgrade a part of the system or something?

It should be updated by now, theres a chance the B450 board hasnt been. If it's not- a computer shop should do it for free or at a really low cost. If you don't want to do that, you can get a boot kit from AMD.

26 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Or airflow

It has great airflow, I’m not sure where you’re getting your info from. 

20 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Fairly better. GPU temperatures will be better.

I might also take a look at a Define Nano S.

It should be updated by now, theres a chance the B450 board hasnt been. If it's not- a computer shop should do it for free or at a really low cost. If you don't want to do that, you can get a boot kit from AMD.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3332-nzxt-h200-h200i-mini-itx-case-review-benchmark

The h200 (pretty much the same case) performs near the best for GPU testing, and respectably on the CPU torture test. Given that it can fit large cpu coolers that won’t be an issue. 

29 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3332-nzxt-h200-h200i-mini-itx-case-review-benchmark

The h200 (pretty much the same case) performs near the best for GPU testing, and respectably on the CPU torture test. Given that it can fit large cpu coolers that won’t be an issue. 

Weird, I remember an ITX case from NZXT being *Horrible* for airflow.

Wonder what I was thinking about. Though I'm surprised it performs as good as that with that power supply shroud.

9 hours ago, Slottr said:

Wonder what I was thinking about. Though I'm surprised it performs as good as that with that power supply shroud.

How about this build now? I have tweaked it a bit and may still add another SSD at some point.

9 hours ago, Slottr said:

I know the case seems like it should perform horribly, but i used it for about a year and it was perfect. The power supply shroud is perforated all along the top which really helps with gpu cooling.

49 minutes ago, Ssmoosh said:

How about this build now? I have tweaked it a bit and may still add another SSD at some point.

Is a 1TB ssd too much?

I made some changes to accommodate a better power supply, and a cpu cooler to replace the stock one, which is important when in a smaller case

The 5700 XT performs extremely similarly to the 2070 Super, just doesnt have ray tracing. Which you shouldn't miss anyways.

11 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Is a 1TB ssd too much?

I made some changes to accommodate a better power supply, and a cpu cooler to replace the stock one, which is important when in a smaller case

The 5700 XT performs extremely similarly to the 2070 Super, just doesnt have ray tracing. Which you shouldn't miss anyways.

Looks good to me! Thanks! It looks like the 5700 XT is better at call of duty than the 2070 super which is good because that is what I want to play the most. 

25 minutes ago, Ssmoosh said:

Looks good to me! Thanks! It looks like the 5700 XT is better at call of duty than the 2070 super which is good because that is what I want to play the most. 

Yup. It offers a super good value for what it is.