PC posts but won't go any further....

It freezes at post!

Ok so was working fine....

Ran on motherboard standard vga port
Installed a gtx 970 ti... it shows bios but then freezes! 

This happens now when using the standard motherboard vga port aswell!

Plus a constant motherboard beep.

Setup is a

supermicro x7dbe 
Dual xeons
64gb ram

My pc is useless at the moment please help

Clear the CMOS. Remove BIOS battery. Leave for 2 hours. Leave BIOS battery out. Power on

29 minutes ago, ShaunK said:

Ok so was working fine....

Ran on motherboard standard vga port

Installed a gtx 970 ti... it shows bios but won't get all the way to windows. 

This happens now when using the standard motherboard vga port aswell!

Plus a constant motherboard beep.

Setup is a

supermicro x7dbe 

Dual xeons

64gb ram

My pc is useless at the moment please help

I’ve had problems with win10 and a 970.  It might not be a hardware problem.  The card might not actually be broken physically.  For me when I had win 8.1 it ran fine, but when I upgraded to 10 it would get partway through booting windows and then just switch off the monitor.  Computer kept running.  Something to do with the Nvidia driver  or possibly bios.  Apparently there was something odd in the way the 900 series drivers were written.  The thing will work for me if I run something where the driver doesn’t load.  There may be ways around it now.  I bought a 580 to replace it so I never followed up.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Like others have said, remove the CMOS (little circular button cell battery) on your motherboard and reinstall. I would recommend reseating your ram and CPUs. Reseat your graphics card. I know some motherboards get funky with graphics cards, I installed some low-midrange Radeon card in a Dell Optiplex years back when I was first getting into gaming PCs, blew out the PCIE slot, never worked again. Ended up swapping the board. If you know anyone with or have a spare PSU laying around I would also try that.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:55 AM, Ixionn said:

Like others have said, remove the CMOS (little circular button cell battery) on your motherboard and reinstall. I would recommend reseating your ram and CPUs. Reseat your graphics card. I know some motherboards get funky with graphics cards, I installed some low-midrange Radeon card in a Dell Optiplex years back when I was first getting into gaming PCs, blew out the PCIE slot, never worked again. Ended up swapping the board. If you know anyone with or have a spare PSU laying around I would also try that.

Popped in a gtx 970 that's working fine...? Popped the 750ti back in and no signal... boot windows with onboard VGA and in device manager the 750ti is nowhere to be seen 

Starting to sound like a motherboard issue, is the x16 PCIE slot damaged? Sounds like you were saying the 970 wasn't working and the 750ti was and now it's the opposite scenario?

8 hours ago, Ixionn said:

Starting to sound like a motherboard issue, is the x16 PCIE slot damaged? Sounds like you were saying the 970 wasn't working and the 750ti was and now it's the opposite scenario?

Sorry msi 970 works perfectly...  gtx 750ti not detected for some reason. I have just about given up with it. I will try take the 750ti to a shop just to try in a different pc and see if it gets detected 

12 minutes ago, ShaunK said:

Sorry msi 970 works perfectly...  gtx 750ti not detected for some reason. I have just about given up with it. I will try take the 750ti to a shop just to try in a different pc and see if it gets detected 

For what it’s worth, I envy your 970 and covet your working driver.  Don’t let win10 update it.  I’ve got a perfectly functional 970 too, but I can’t make it work.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.