can i put srh-840 drivers in the body of srh-440??

LunaticGTX460

so my right driver in my srh 440 is not working well anymore.

and I'm out of warranty.

and i thought if 840 pads fit my phones can i put 840 drivers on my srh-440 driver ports.

ordering 2 840 drivers and solder them.?

|| CPU Intel i7 3770K || MOBO ASRock H77M || RAM 8GB 1600mhz || HDD 1TB 7200 Sata II || SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB || GPU EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW (boost core 1240mhz) || CPUCooler CM 212 EVO || PSU Seasonic M12II EVO 750W || CASE NZXT Phantom V2 (Pink-lol) || H-Phones Sennheiser HD600 || Gamepad XBox 360 Wireless Controller || Mouse Logitech G102 || K-Board CM Storm Trigger (MX Black) || Monitor Dell P2414H || AV Common Sense ||

so my right driver in my srh 440 is not working well anymore. and I'm out of warranty. and i thought if 840 pads fit my phones can i put 840 drivers on my srh-440 driver ports. ordering 2 840 drivers and solder them.?

I don't know myself, as I only have the 440's, but @t0wer might know. I think they use very similar drivers though, so you might be in luck. but why not just get the one 440 driver if you can? they sound very alike. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I don't know myself, as I only have the 440's, but @t0wer might know. I think they use very similar drivers though, so you might be in luck. but why not just get the one 440 driver if you can? they sound very alike. 

i thought if i'm going to waste money on fixing them might as well improve them, and there are a lot of reviewers that say that they are very different.

btw is it just me or linutechtips is acting weird today?

|| CPU Intel i7 3770K || MOBO ASRock H77M || RAM 8GB 1600mhz || HDD 1TB 7200 Sata II || SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB || GPU EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW (boost core 1240mhz) || CPUCooler CM 212 EVO || PSU Seasonic M12II EVO 750W || CASE NZXT Phantom V2 (Pink-lol) || H-Phones Sennheiser HD600 || Gamepad XBox 360 Wireless Controller || Mouse Logitech G102 || K-Board CM Storm Trigger (MX Black) || Monitor Dell P2414H || AV Common Sense ||

i thought if i'm going to waste money on fixing them might as well improve them, and there are a lot of reviewers that say that they are very different.

btw is it just me or linutechtips is acting weird today?

it IS acting weird. and I get your thinking, but they're not THAT different. have a look here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/105857-shure-srh-440/

it IS acting weird. and I get your thinking, but they're not THAT different. have a look here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/105857-shure-srh-440/

oooh, i see that the size of the driver housing is very different, damn.

Might be that the screws match, but as stated I am not sure. 

pun intended?

Really, a friend of mine saw my headphones (SRH440) and he asked if they sounded good. I responded yes, and he went "SHURE MAN, SHURE" 

LOL

btw i got me some ATH M50's and the pads it came with were more of a hip hop electronic oriented, and a light bulb appeared over my head,

and i put the srh 840 pads on the audio technica and myyy goood they are truly a better set of cans now.

the stock pads added a mid bass and some low bass.

but the 840 pads turn it completely neutral. and the bass it feels sooo goood. more soundstage and it lets the mid sing in a bit more volume.

and natural bass.

LOL

btw i got me some ATH M50's and the pads it came with were more of a hip hop electronic oriented, and a light bulb appeared over my head,

and i put the srh 840 pads on the audio technica and myyy goood they are truly a better set of cans now.

the stock pads added a mid bass and some low bass.

but the 840 pads turn it completely neutral. and the bass it feels sooo goood. more soundstage and it lets the mid sing in a bit more volume.

and natural bass.

yeah, I tried it too, but it was a bit less bass than what I prefer.