Glacer 240l with SP 120?

Guidex
Go to solution Solved by WunderWuffle,

Hi guys!

So i'm going to change my Glacer 240l fans, i was thinking of putting a couple of SP120, will that make it better? And will it work? Or there is a better solution? And i'm thinking on overclocking a lot!

BTW i have a i7 4770k

Thank you

Are the current temperatures acceptable? If you're okay with the current temperatures, there is no reason to upgrade the fans unless you want to get a quieter rig. I recommend getting Scythe Gentle Typhoons, Noiseblocker eLoop, Noctua NF-F12 (you might not like the color), but the Corsair fans are quite good. If you're going to get the SP120s, get the quiet edition or get the PWM edition.

Also, welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay! :)

Hi guys!

So i'm going to change my Glacer 240l fans, i was thinking of putting a couple of SP120, will that make it better? And will it work? Or there is a better solution? And i'm thinking on overclocking a lot!

BTW i have a i7 4770k

Thank you

It will perform better and be quite louder. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes the sp120's will do just fine

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

WOW that was quick! I'm new at the forum... Will it get too loud? What do you think it would be quieter?

Thanks!

Hi guys!

BTW i have a i7 4770k

Thank you

Are the current temperatures acceptable? If you're okay with the current temperatures, there is no reason to upgrade the fans unless you want to get a quieter rig. I recommend getting Scythe Gentle Typhoons, Noiseblocker eLoop, Noctua NF-F12 (you might not like the color), but the Corsair fans are quite good. If you're going to get the SP120s, get the quiet edition or get the PWM edition.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Hi guys!

BTW i have a i7 4770k

Thank you

i too want to welcome you to the LinusTechTips forum and the elite water cooling section!

Noiseblocker ELoops not possible with the CM Glacier 240L. the way the reservoir

on the radiator tank and having to "sandwich" the fan set the ELoops would be

non-functional. mainly used on radiators in push mode. mounting the radiator upside

down defeats the purpose of having the reservoir (bad idea for H220).

agreed, the SP120 PWM are good choices over the direct current. they seem to

sustain a lower RPM without "clunking". temperature-wise better than the OE fan

but could be louder (air noise). the Swiftech PWM Helix isn't a bad fan (AP/GT-15 clone),

but short of a AP/GT-15 replacement (except in PWM).

So I decided to go with a couple of Noctua Nf F12, but should I get the normal or the PWM version(I don't mind the color)

Thanks again!