Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600

At the webshop i plan to buy my memory there are two version of this kit but with the same speed and latency. What's the difference?

CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 vs CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18

The only difference in the code is D and Z in the middle and a € 10 difference.

Also any advice for what memory the get. From my understanding of some reviews, 3600CL18 is better than 3200CL16 because of how Ryzen2 works.

If you had to pick one of these kits which one would it be

Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600CL18

G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 2x8GB 3600MHz CL18 RGB

I dont care for RGB just performance/price/quality

34 minutes ago, Johnny Who said:

If you had to pick one of these kits which one would it be

Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600CL18

G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 2x8GB 3600MHz CL18 RGB

Whichever's cheaper/looks nicer. If one's cheaper(I suspect the Corsair one may be cheaper), then get that. If both are the same price just get whatever looks nicer

34 minutes ago, Johnny Who said:

The only difference in the code is D and Z in the middle and a € 10 difference.

The one with the D supports 300 and 400 series AMD motherboards along with X570 and Intel chipsets, but the Z one only supports X570 and normal Intel chipsets. Just get the cheapest one it should be fine, unless you're on 300 series board/Ryzen 1000, dunno if their memory compatibility issues still persist

The CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 has lower SPD speeds and seems to be older, because of those speeds and also because it supports (officially) some older platforms.

These older platforms are not important if you are going X570 for example, but in general I would not worry about that at all, since memory is memory.. In terms of support that is!

The SPD speeds are not important (IMO) either, since you'll be running the higher speeds anyways.

I would honestly just check your motherboard QVL and either get whichever is on that (at the 3600Mhz supported speed) and otherwise I would just get the cheaper one.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/