5GHZ issues with certain products

RasmusDC

I have a unifi system, which I am quite happy with, a 16 port 150watt, a 16 port XG 10000mbit switch, a Unifi HD Nano, In Wall HD and an external Mesh antenna..

it all is working great, on nearly every piece of equipment in the house, except my Samsung TV in the living room a 2017 Qled Q7R... it connects fine to the 2.4ghz connection that works all the time, but the speeds are quite low, it also connects to the 5Ghz network and streams youtube 4K and plex 4K without a hiccup there, but there is the problem.

when the tv gets turned off and goes into sleep, and I turn it on again, then it Is still connected to the 5GHZ network but there is no internet, not even if I disconnect, I have to first connect to the 2.4 then back to the 5ghz, to get it working, with password, this is really annoying, and I am close to pulling a wired connection, but would love not to ...

it's probably not the network, if it was, the tv shouldn't be the only thing affected.
my assumption is that there is a network change, like an ip address change or something alone those lines, and the tv is failing to update to the new settings.
check if there is an update to your tv software. or try resetting your tv. that might fix your issue.
sorry i'm not well informed on this subject, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in there.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

yeah have tried so much, also fixed ip´s the fun thing is it works perfectly on 2.4ghz, this is where it sucks.

the 2.4ghz is just not strong enough to support Bluray 4K streaming over wireless, even 4K youtube can be a bit iffy on 2.4ghz.

seems only to be a samsung issue, on this and my KS8005 (DK model, so the american KS9000) has the same issue, but it is hardwired. found some article about some complaints on it, but newer found a solution.