How do I fix this 3D print? Why is it failing at the top? And how do i make details more depth or indented?

WolfLoverPro

I have just 2 problems with my print i need fixing and then my prints will be perfect. Im sure its easy but I only got into printing lol.

So i fixed the gap issue, well basically almost. Now i have another issue >:{

Okay so i printed this lighthouse and its smooth and perfect layers however i need to know how to fix just 2 things.

1. On pointy places such as top of a house roof or rails on the lighthouse, it is crap and rather broken, has bits missing, or ragged jiggy alot.  So basically when it does small detail it ends up broken or like ridged or ziggidy zaggidy lol. Hard to see in video, but the circle rails on the lighthouse is complete 99% but half didnt print.

I have upload a video to youtube very short so you can see what i mean. And the photos on this post are how it should of looked.

Take a look at the top of the light house. It should be a ball thing but its just a crappy mess ontop of my print :(

But some fine details are perfect so i dont get how a easy ball is hard.

2. As you will see in the video, the windows and doors in the light house are really hard to see. they hardly are dented into the design/ Why is this? which option? Im guessing its somthing to do with with or layers

VIDEO OF MY PRINT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMNn10im3uU

MY CURA SETTINS AND PRINT SETTINS

Monoprice Mini PRO Printer

I print PLA at 205c

Heat Bed At 60c

And HERE are my cura settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_begCBSVG5w

lll.jpg

l.PNG

15 hours ago, James Evens said:

Start over with your setup. Redo the test prints to verify your part cooling, print temperature and speed is correct.  If you have a known good filament try it. It wouldn't solve all issues but improve it a bit.

This. Did you print e.g. a calibration cube? That'll at least give a sort of quality baseline you can expect.

Also check the preview in cura by switching to "Layer view" using the drop down menu in the top right corner of the viewport. You'll at least see if your settings are even capable of reaching the detail in the model. You can try lowering the layer height as well, that may give it some more room to keep details.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

• 4 weeks later...

The mush at the top is a cooling issue that happens when you print small features all at once. The radiant and conducted heat off the nozzle at one small point is overwhelming your cooling and making kindof mush around.

Try setting a minimum layer time with the setting that moves the nozzle away from the print. It'll make the top take a lot longer but will reduce your cooling issue.