SlingTV, how is it?

Edward78

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/23/21035080/sling-tv-orange-blue-price-increase-subscription I hear odd things like you can't record some shows & all networks don't have all show.  Our ISP has a cap with our plan, hear Spectrum was maybe taking over. No locals kind of suck. So what is a good dvr for that?

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

I've had Sling TV and I currently have Fubo TV. 

My experiences on both:

I got Sling because I wanted the local channels, Yes Network for my Yankees as well as Red zone. I also got the package that included some crime shows and cooking for my wife. I was extremely happy with the product and reliability of Sling until they lost the rights to Yes Network, thus me not being able to watch my Yankees. With that... I searched for another..

I got Fubo because again I wanted to maintain my sports and Redzone and they also offered Yes Network. Fubo is great in regards to channel lineup and is actually cheaper. I have had some technical issues that causes the app to crash, or if I make selections to fast.. it duplicates the channel so the audio is double. When watching a show and I leave it, the show still plays in the background and the only way to stop it is by resetting my fire stick. This has happened maybe 5-6x since a year of owning Fubo.

I'd recommend both, Sling if you don't need certain local channels, Fubo if you do. 

TVo will record local right?

GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX (AM4 AMD/B550/Mini-Itx/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/WiFi 6/2.5 GbE LAN/PCIe4.0/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/DisplayPort 1.4/2xHDMI 2.0B/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) ,AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked 4.7 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

4 hours ago, Edward78 said:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/23/21035080/sling-tv-orange-blue-price-increase-subscription I hear odd things like you can't record some shows & all networks don't have all show.  Our ISP has a cap with our plan, hear Spectrum was maybe taking over. No locals kind of suck. So what is a good dvr for that?

If you want locals get an antenna. TiVo or Plex would work for DVR. A Plex server + HDHR will use your Network to get TV to all your devices. It’s how I share 1 antenna with 4 TVs in my house and we have whole home DVR as result. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.