Mario Kart 8 setting

The Great Kamek

Do I find it ridiculous that the game doesn’t have existing game setting?

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

.... I don't know what you are talking about.

Most I find it ridiculous they have not remade Mario Kart Wii.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 hours ago, minibois said:

.... I don't know what you are talking about.

Most I find it ridiculous they have not remade Mario Kart Wii.

You know majority of games have a setting where you can adjust your audio, gameplay, visual, etc

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

I liked the driving and design of the Wii version and playing single player was quite fun, but I HATED multiplayer. To me the mulitplyer always felt broken, and I find that 8 was quite a bit better because of this. 

With he Wii, For some reason in multiplayer the AI end up getting all the momentum stopping, over powered,  and overall annoying powerups that just suck fun right out of the game. Every few seconds your either being inked, shrunk blown up, etc where you have a bunch of flashing on screen and you have to recover from being taken out. This would be fine if this was the human opponent doing this, but its not. The human players never get the power ups at the same rate or even that the AI power up are almost always detrimental to the human players, even if the human players are in last place making it difficult to get back into the race.

7 hours ago, Ertman said:

I liked the driving and design of the Wii version and playing single player was quite fun, but I HATED multiplayer. To me the mulitplyer always felt broken, and I find that 8 was quite a bit better because of this. 

With he Wii, For some reason in multiplayer the AI end up getting all the momentum stopping, over powered,  and overall annoying powerups that just suck fun right out of the game. Every few seconds your either being inked, shrunk blown up, etc where you have a bunch of flashing on screen and you have to recover from being taken out. This would be fine if this was the human opponent doing this, but its not. The human players never get the power ups at the same rate or even that the AI power up are almost always detrimental to the human players, even if the human players are in last place making it difficult to get back into the race.

Ok

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

18 hours ago, The Great Kamek said:

You know majority of games have a setting where you can adjust your audio, gameplay, visual, etc

That's not much of 'a thing' with many console games.

7 hours ago, Ertman said:

The 11 opponents really did make it a lot more of a hectic game, as compared to the others.

Personally I really did like it that way though. Some items like the POW block made you really think about when to use them, the Blooper also could involve some strategy..

Although you wouldn't ever use most of those strategies in offline play..

The only item I actually hate in MKWii is the thunder cloud. Just not a fun item with little to no way to avoid it (plus you get it in positions where you need to cycle through items ,making it feel really unfair to get).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/