PC randomly shutting down

Stilez11

I just built a new pc.

ryzen 5 3600x

asrock x570 pro4

gigabyte rx 5700 xt

windows 10 

I've run all benchmarks and everything things seem to be working fine temps and performance are good. I've played fortnite and ran fine. Then I played cs:go just get loaded into a map and it shuts my whole pc down and won't turn back on unless I unplug and plug it back in. It's only this game that does it. Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Have you checked your temps?

GPU, CPU?

A good software to have to check temps are CPUID HWMONITOR as it provides temps for every core component and also tells you the voltages!

Also, knowing what power supply you have would be great information to know if that company is reputable and/or have any deficiencies in their power supplies.

Oh yeah yeah temps are great staying 50 to 60 c under load. I have 650w white evga power suppy

1 minute ago, Stilez11 said:

Oh yeah yeah temps are great staying 50 to 60 c under load. I have 650w white evga power suppy

Sorry, I made a typo, did you try reseating your memory and what type of memory is this?

No I haven't tried that I will try it. I have corsair vengeance rgb pro

You should try running memtest86 OR Windows Memory Diagnostics to see any errors ( One stick at a time )

This this only happen on that specific game?

Yes that's the correct ram! Yeah I've played a few other steam games and fornite and that never happen and runs fine. But as soon as I get into a game of cs:go my whole pc shuts down. Okay I can run those tomorrow when I get out of work and see if it catches anything. But your thinking it's something's to do with memory?

2 minutes ago, Stilez11 said:

Yes that's the correct ram! Yeah I've played a few other steam games and fornite and that never happen and runs fine. But as soon as I get into a game of cs:go my whole pc shuts down. Okay I can run those tomorrow when I get out of work and see if it catches anything. But your thinking it's something's to do with memory?

It might. You can also try running chkdsk in the prompt command to check for any disc failures, SSD life for any SSD failures.

The possibilities are endless these days but lets just get the most common stuff out of the way first.

Okay sounds good, I'll start to troubleshoot that stuff tomorrow after work. Thanks so much for the help I'll let you know how it goes!

Just now, Stilez11 said:

Okay sounds good, I'll start to troubleshoot that stuff tomorrow after work. Thanks so much for the help I'll let you know how it goes!

Looking forward from hearing back from you.

It seems that my last post didn’t go through! I’ve tried everything you suggested and nothing seemed to work! I’m not really sure what it could be where it is the only game that does this! I’m so confused!