Max 2070 (laptop) temps?

Jbonnett

Hi All,

I'm curious to what the max temps are for a 2070 (non MAX-Q) in a laptop, when playing Modern Warfare I seem to be hitting a max (so far) of 87c.
The laptop is brand new, so I'm just wondering whether to send it back.

I have the Asus ROG GX502GW, I also get coil whine ad some weird clicking that is barely noticable over the jet engines of fans.

Though I have seen a couple of articles metioning that that is when the fans are on full blast. When I put it to sleep I hear a faint coil whine too, but I have to put my ear to the bottom to notice it.

Thanks,

Jamie

GX502 runs hot, but considering that it's the only 15 inch thin and light that pack a full blown 2070N, it's still acceptable

Running 87c GPU long term isn't great. Consider undervolting the GPU. Also undervolt the CPU, maybe lowering power limits too. Use max fans

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I don't belive I have any control over the power limits. Also it doesn't run at 87 all the time, that is just the max that I have had. It drops fast when I tab out.

So do we know the max temps?