Struggling with QOS

Novicetechguy
Go to solution Solved by Syaoran,
Spoiler

wow this router is so obscure there's no manual, info on google, nor sagemcom's website has anything helpful lol

I had to brainstorm a way to find info of the settings

I see you have a ADSL router, what download speeds are you paying for? If you've upgrade your internet speed since the first time getting the router, you might be missing out on it. 

Also since you said this router is old, you might want to upgrade to something newer. For security, device compatibility/performance, and easier management of settings.

In the 2nd spoiler, there's some explanation of each setting. I took it from an Asus router manual.

this post took me so long to make, pls help

Now onto the solution...

Spoiler

Before going to the QoS note down the following:

Xbox MAC - in your router's settings go to device info and then DHCP or xbox internet settings

Subnet mask - you can find it in the same place you see your real IP ('Internet Connection' or 'Advance Setup') or in your xbox's internet settings

Traffic Class Name: Xbox

Rule  Order: Last

Rule Status: Enable

Class int: LAN

Ether Type: IP (0x800) *

Source MAC: Xbox MAC

Source MAC Mask: Your network's subnet mask. Normally it should be 255.255.255.0

Specify Class. Queue: pppoa0&atm0&Path0&Key38&Pre1 *

Differentiated Service Code Point (DSCP): EF(101110) *

Mark 802.1p Priority: 5

Note: where * is placed means if the problem isn't fixed or that option is not there, reply with screenshots of the options available

Spoiler

qosEX.PNG.cba1760d8facd398565ff4d02872a091.PNG

qostxtEX.thumb.PNG.0a06c39e47b246130d3f974cf389b662.PNG

Please help, I cannot set up my old routers settings for the life of me. My router is very old and technical, please, I want to give my Xbox the highest priority, my router kills my gaming if any devices are connect besides my Xbox which is quite common in my house. 

CF0EF25F-9747-4EB3-A09D-42950B90DD2D.jpeg

AB37D7AB-572B-480D-B3AC-C9FC6FB358BB.jpeg

What's the model number of the router? If it's really old, it might not handle more than 2 devices at the same time.

1 hour ago, Syaoran said:

What's the model number of the router? If it's really old, it might not handle more than 2 devices at the same time.

It’s a sagemcom ADSL Router F@ST 1704n, I’m almost certain it can hold up to 50 devices, I’m forced to deal with only 13mbs down and 1mbs up, it’s incredibly slow so I need knowledge on what all that ^ means to understand how to set it up.

Spoiler

wow this router is so obscure there's no manual, info on google, nor sagemcom's website has anything helpful lol

I see you have a ADSL router, what download speeds are you paying for? If you've upgrade your internet speed since the first time getting the router, you might be missing out on it. 

Also since you said this router is old, you might want to upgrade to something newer. For security, device compatibility/performance, and easier management of settings.

In the 2nd spoiler, there's some explanation of each setting. I took it from an Asus router manual.

Now onto the solution...

Spoiler

Xbox MAC - in your router's settings go to device info and then DHCP or xbox internet settings

Subnet mask - you can find it in the same place you see your real IP ('Internet Connection' or 'Advance Setup') or in your xbox's internet settings

Source MAC Mask: Your network's subnet mask. Normally it should be 255.255.255.0

Note: where * is placed means if the problem isn't fixed or that option is not there, reply with screenshots of the options available

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Syaoran said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Now onto the solution...

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

You are you a gift from god ?

I would love to upgrade my router and package, the only upgrade I could get would be 25 mbs, not sure if I could get a new router, I live in a rural area with a predator company, they set up shop in small towns and take over, it’s them or nothing and they charge me 50$ a month for 13 down?

its telling me MAC address mask "255.255.255.0" is invaild. but it should be correct I'm 90% certain

28 minutes ago, Novicetechguy said:

its telling me MAC address mask "255.255.255.0" is invaild. but it should be correct I'm 90% certain

255.255.255.0 is an IP mask, not an MAC address mask.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

22 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Thank you a thousand times 

35 minutes ago, Lurick said:

how would I go about finding the mac mask instead of ip?

the last thing I need and this nightmare is over

47 minutes ago, Novicetechguy said:

how would I go about finding the mac mask instead of ip?

the last thing I need and this nightmare is over

If it's a single MAC address then it's FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, Novicetechguy said:

I live in a rural area with a predator company

Same, I only have one fiber ISP to choose from and we're stuck overpaying their old 100Mbps instead of their new cheaper 200Mbps plan.

Other than them, there's DSL with data cap which is ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Lurick said:

If it's a single MAC address then it's FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

Was just going to say that, beat me to it.