R9 390 on my new 32 inches 1440p monitor FPS more then enough,I'm very happy!

frozensun

So my dear friends,after all the speculations that I will loose like 1/3 of FPS from 1080p to 1440p all that was theory I decided:

I hooked up my monitor and I must say I was amazed by picture quality,colors,gamma,brightness,sharpness,contrast,

So I tried 2 of my current games I play and those are Dying Light and FC 5,set rez to 1440p and whaaaaaaaaaat,I got the around same FPS just like at 1080p and I haven't touched any of the ingame options all was set to max.

How is that possible?

The difference could be in -5 FPS but the best thing to do is run games benchnmark on both monitors and compare results,which I don't have time,and why would I,both games are playable indeed.

I mean some guy on my previous thread wrote that 1440p is 30 % more pixles which means 1/3 of FPS loss but that ain't happened.

Then I tried Metro Exodus but this card ofc is not meant for playing  that game,so it left me minimum 30 fps to 47 fps max at high settings at even 1440p.

All those games playable,Metro barely but playable.

What was left to me was Shadow of the Tomb Raider max at all settings and got like average of 45 fps I think which ain't bad for this card at all.

I mean let's be real,R9 390 is a crap,but seems to me guys,what I asked previously I don't need better card.

I still have brand new 1660 Ti Strix OC,which I haven't unbox it because I still can play good with 50 FPS in those titles,

If someone want benchmark results at FC5 and SOTB give me a shout.

I still can't get used to how big 32 inches really is,because I had LG 25UM58-P and swiitching to this monster is like Christmas present.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

The R9 390 is definitely not a bad card. It's quite comparable to the RX470 which is just marginally worse than the newest RX 5500 XT. 

It's a great midrange card for 1080p or entry level card for 1440p.

It really depends on how many FPS satisfies you. 

Well it's clock is pathetic of 1050MHz,so I am very suprised how the hell it manages to keep at 40-50 FPS.

My prevoius thread was about 1440p gaming if I need better card for it and the guys wrote I need like RTX 2070 for 1440p,but seems to be hell NO!!

I mean lets face it 3 year old card and still capable of running current games,don't need even 60,

But obviously both games are very optimized,

What surprised me is how the hell I just lost -5 FPS on 1440p?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

err really 30 to like 50 fps is kind of terrible you prob have quite a few drops as well..

When you start playing games well over 60fps you will realise how bad dropping much below that is.. why would you have not unboxed your 1660ti ? 

But yes big monitor gaming is a hell of a lot of fun :)

I'll unbox it tommorow maybe...

Dude I played games all my life.I even played at 20 fps,console games are played at 30 fps and you know it.

For me personally I need like 50 and I'm good to go.

For well over 60 I 500 $ in my pocket...and I'm sick,don't have a job...