Which Charger Should I buy?

hbsterling

I want to get a USB c charger for my Samsung phone (probably buy the S11 when it comes out) and my Nintendo switch. I was looking at Anker 36W 2-Port PowerIQ 3.0 but should I just buy the Anker 60W 2-Port USB C Charger for the extra $12 dollars. I might want to charge my switch dock with it, would that mean I need to get the 60 watt? I do not have a usb c charge for a laptop (hopefully one day) but I also have Tab S6 if that makes a difference. 

older devices were unable or even got damaged from higher wattage, but usually nowadays devices have safeguards that let them use whatever wattage you throw at them. I've seen people charge everything from phone to switch with the apple 90w laptop charger. so I'd say its a good idea to go with the higher wattage, just for faster charging on both switch and phone. but if you want to save $12, the 36w charger will also work on both devices.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

https://switchchargers.com/faq/ found

found this site that covers chargers with switch if that's one of your needs

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming