Game crashes after new AMD drivers, how do I downgrade?

Mortico

I recently got the latest AMD drivers with their new "Adrenalin 2020" package.  Version 19.12.2

Tetris Effect crashes on startup now.

I want to revert back to 19.12.1 (I have it downloaded from before).  But it won't let me.  When I start the install, it checks for new drivers and suggests I download 19.12.2.  It does not give me the option to ignore this.

Anyone else having issues with these versions?  Any ideas how to force it?

ATI RX 580 btw

Edit: I already uninstalled 19.12.2 and ran the AMD cleanup tool.   I also tried to disconnect from the internet and it just fails to check for updates and then won't let me proceed.

I just updated in window to get some Drivers seems to work for now. Had a hard time finding them as well. 

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely remove all traces of the drivers. Delete the C:\AMD folder if it is there.

Reboot and then disconnect from the internet. Run the driver installer and it should install as normal. If it does not, make sure that you have downloaded the full package and not the Auto Detect and Install one. The full package is normally well over 200MB in size and is named with a version.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

33 minutes ago, Husky said:

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely remove all traces of the drivers. Delete the C:\AMD folder if it is there.

I’ve noticed that the latest version of DDU does not fully remove the drivers. The contents of the AMD folder never get deleted even if you have that option selected. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

39 minutes ago, Husky said:

Reboot and then disconnect from the internet. Run the driver installer and it should install as normal. If it does not, make sure that you have downloaded the full package and not the Auto Detect and Install one. The full package is normally well over 200MB in size and is named with a version.

Ah yes, that was the problem.  The diver package I had was 26MB, but it did have the version number in the name so I thought it was the full one.

Downloaded the 424MB package, will give it a try.

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/beta/win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.12.1-dec2.exe

In case anyone wants it too.

Have others been having issues with 19.12.2 as well?

17 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I’ve noticed that the latest version of DDU does not fully remove the drivers. The contents of the AMD folder never get deleted even if you have that option selected. 

That's odd. It seemed to have worked for me, but then again I did click Change when uninstalling the old drivers through the Apps list and I used the "Clean Uninstall" option.

10 minutes ago, Mortico said:

Ah yes, that was the problem.  The diver package I had was 26MB, but it did have the version number in the name so I thought it was the full one.

Downloaded the 424MB package, will give it a try.

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/beta/win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.12.1-dec2.exe

In case anyone wants it too.

Have others been having issues with 19.12.2 as well?

I installed 19.12.2 and have not had a single issue. Certain games seem to run slightly smoother with less stuttering as well. So many people are having issues with the new driver and it seems like I am the only one without issues. My card is overclocked as well using MSI Afterburner and my Windows install is not very clean and has been through several version upgrades with a lot of left-overs installed. I have no idea why so many people are having issues with the newer drivers, maybe it is just because I am using an older card (R9 390X).

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM