Old AM3 core unlocking micro-atx mobos

So, a buddy of mine gave me a bunch of old pc parts he had taking up space in his garage.  After going though everything I found out that one of the mobos in a box littered with old green pcb mobos had an older AMD cpu in it.  A google search of the part number turned up a part name (Phenom II x2 550 B.E.) upon reading more about this chip I found out that this could possibly have 2 cores that have been untouched for god knows how long of this processors life.  The mobo it's seated in, as it turns out, is an old Dell OEM board.  Needless to say it doesn't support core unlocking nor overclocking.  Is it even possible, and if so how do I go about, finding an old AM3 core unlocking micro-atx board and yes I would really like it to be a micro-atx as I already have this system put back in a case and have it running.  I would really like to keep this set up and just replace the board. I've already checked for compatible board part numbers and done some searching and cannot find anything on any of them, other than listings on Newegg that are out of stock.  I've even checked Aliexpress to no avail.   Am I asking too much?  What are my chances of finding a board like this on the cusp 2020?  Please HELP!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Juju462 said:

Am I asking too much?  What are my chances of finding a board like this on the cusp 2020?

The better question is: is it worth the effort? Personally, I would say a definite no, unless you can literally find a suitable mobo for $5. Anything more than that is just not worth it.

Anyways, one MATX-mobo that does support the feature is the Asus M5A78L-M LX V2, which I have in an old PC.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

It's a review of the processor.

I'm a little confused...I was asking for help with locating a motherboard..I already have the cpu

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

The better question is: is it worth the effort? Personally, I would say a definite no, unless you can literally find a suitable mobo for $5. Anything more than that is just not worth it.

Anyways, one MATX-mobo that does support the feature is the Asus M5A78L-M LX V2, which I have in an old PC.

So that's the thing right?  I know it's not worth the effort to do any actual work on....but as a pet project and also I know that this is 2019 and we have 64 core cpus out....but come on man this is awesome!!!! Neither AMD nor Intel would EVER let this happen again....I mean I get that they still disable cores...but when was the last time you could just enable them in the bios....this is some really cool shit!!! Also I got out of the tech industry in the early 2000's and finding this and the nostalgia....its more about just being able to say I've done it and being a bit of a geek

12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

any chance you can suggest one with usb 3.0?

2 minutes ago, Juju462 said:

any chance you can suggest one with usb 3.0?

Nope, not aware of any such mobo with USB 3.0. You're better off using a PCI-E-card that provides USB 3.0, if you really need that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 8:42 AM, WereCatf said:

Nope, not aware of any such mobo with USB 3.0. You're better off using a PCI-E-card that provides USB 3.0, if you really need that.

UPDATE: so i was able to get my hands on an ASUS m5a78l-m/usb3....unlock worked great...overclock is okay only time time gets for sure unstable is when i oc the memory past 1600mhz....slapped a gt710 1gb in this system running linux and im pulling 100+ fps in source at 720p 60hz.....cool piece of tech history that i plan on keeping as a pure linux build to play with....thanks for the help and advice