cooling on my gpu

SirSenpaiii

So i have an Sapphire rx 5700 xt nitro +. In gaming it reaches up to 82°C° (red dead 2)Is this normal? (junction temp is probably higher)

Jeez!  That temperature sounds a hell of a lot better then my reference 5700XT! with the stock fan curve, the junction temperatures will exceed 100C. If you are uncomfortable with the temperatures, however, you can always go into the radeon settings, go into global wattman and adjust the fan curve to be a little more aggressive. Because you do not have a blower card, you probably wont be faced with a noise equivalent to that of a jet engine, like mine. Just keep in mind that when you do a driver update (which would be best using ddu to uninstall, followed by a clean install) you will lose all your wattman settings. To avoid this, I saved my fan curve settings to a jump drive, that way I can just reload the profile to the settings and all is good.

I know your question was answered, I thought I would just chime in. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

9 hours ago, CPT_BEEMO said:

Jeez!  That temperature sounds a hell of a lot better then my reference 5700XT! with the stock fan curve, the junction temperatures will exceed 100C. If you are uncomfortable with the temperatures, however, you can always go into the radeon settings, go into global wattman and adjust the fan curve to be a little more aggressive. Because you do not have a blower card, you probably wont be faced with a noise equivalent to that of a jet engine, like mine. Just keep in mind that when you do a driver update (which would be best using ddu to uninstall, followed by a clean install) you will lose all your wattman settings. To avoid this, I saved my fan curve settings to a jump drive, that way I can just reload the profile to the settings and all is good.

I know your question was answered, I thought I would just chime in. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Thanks for your help :D Wish you a good holiday season too