FreeNAS installation issue

I was inending on installing FreeNAS to run a home server through an old desktop however my BIOS doesn' seem to be recognising my installation media for the device under my UEFI boot sources.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed? 

not all bios's support usb boot.

if your device is listed make sure you follow these steps,

https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/9.3/freenas_install.html#preparing-the-media

see note, 

if you will be burning the installation file to a USB stick, you will need two USB slots, each with an inserted USB device, where one USB stick contains the installer and the other USB stick is selected to install into. When performing the installation, be sure to select the correct USB device to install to. In other words, you can not install FreeNAS® into the same USB stick that you boot the installer from. After installation, remove the USB stick containing the installer, and if necessary, configure the BIOS to boot from the remaining USB stick.

In the past I've had issues where a system would refuse to allow me to boot a USB to install an OS.

What you can do is move the installation media & the destination drive to another system to do the installation. FreeNAS unlike Windows is very versatile in that it doesn't care about hardware changes so when you move the finished install back to the intended hardware it will (should) work fine.

Now you may have to reconfigure your NIC from the CLI to get the WebUI back but otherwise this will work.

15 hours ago, tech.guru said:

not all bios's support usb boot.

if your device is listed make sure you follow these steps,

https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/9.3/freenas_install.html#preparing-the-media

see note, 

Im  Fairly sure my BIOS supports USB booting as a tested with Ubuntu installation media and it seemed to rcognise that,

also i followed the youtube FreeNAS guide on how to make installation media so i'm 99% sure thats not th issue however ill have a look